Dryad hair vines

KyleSchmelz

Fighter
I play a Thorn Dryad fighter and I have fairly long hair, so I've been trying to keep vines and/or flowers in my hair depending on the time of year. Inevitably, they always fall out by the end of the event. I've tried braiding stuff into my hair, but it takes a long time and usually ends up looking girly. Bobby pins fall out after the first fight.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a way to put vines in my hair without them falling out and without taking a lot of setup time. Any ideas?

Two things you can try.

One: dog hair bow rubber bands. Make sure they're for dog hair bows. They stay in TIGHT. If you can find a scissoring sharpening shop in your area they'll have them. Otherwise online.

Two: find large crimping beads. They're used to crimp feathers and fake braids in girls hair. They're pretty reliable. They'll get those flowers in tight.

My friend who plays a Thorn and has long hair does something awesome, she makes several small braids and then uses floral tape to attach silk flowers to the ends. It looks really cool, and I have not seen her lose any due to combat. My other suggestion, attach them to a bandanna and then just the banana on for game. A friend who plays a High Ogre with did that so his character could have dread locks.

hbirdgirl said:
My friend who plays a Thorn and has long hair does something awesome, she makes several small braids and then uses floral tape to attach silk flowers to the ends. It looks really cool, and I have not seen her lose any due to combat. My other suggestion, attach them to a bandanna and then just the banana on for game. A friend who plays a High Ogre with did that so his character could have dread locks.

I did something similar recently with a reed dryad who had water-plant dreadlocks, it ended up looking really nice.

I play a thorn dryad also though I don't braid any vines into my hair I do make hair bands with lots of leaves and flowers on them. I just used hair bands and super glue everything I want onto it. I haven't lost very many flowers if any at all.

Back