Dwarven Racial Packet info

so me and 4 of my friends are all coming in as a group of dwarves, I was wondering who was working on the regional packet for Dwarves, just so we don't roll into game with a completely differnt vision of dwarven culture etc.

Hey Kakita,

A full on group of dwarves sounds like so much fun! Just remember that even female dwarves are fiercely proud of their beards!

One of my plot adjuncts is working on the Dwarven local packet as we speak and should have it ready to go by our first weekend, if not sooner! I will keep you posted. In the meantime, feel free to download and read the national one here on the forums to get a jump start on some generalities of the race.

Jesse

Thanks, read the national packet and had a question about how long beards take to grow back. my group was thinking of swearing oaths by our beards since they are something very important to a dwarf. Example oath "I swear on my beard that I will be true to the clan, never to willingly cause them harm and will observe my homage to them completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit. If I willfully break this oath may my beard be shorn as the sign of an oath breaker, so that my shame and treachery is known to all". I was wondering if the beard would instantly grow back or if it would be ok for the person to wear a shorter beard for the remainder of the event or next few events (as long as it met costume requirements for dwarves) as a cool kinda RP thing. (we would provide a shorter beard for someone not in our group if they didn't have one obviously, so that they are still in costume and so we don't ruin something thats not ours.)

A shorter beard is fine as long as it is still a costume beard.

yeah what he said. lol

I love the swearing an oath on the beard. It is so very dwarf like.

Me and the group playing the dwarfs are going to be going over our background this Saturday.
We haven't seen the local package as it is still being worked on, we have all like the idea of the War hammer social class setup with, thanes, berserks, rune carvers, iron breakers, Hammers etc.
Each of us are kinda of talking about our *class in game* and having it fit the social stuff they have setup.
Please let us know if this will be a problem.
Thank you :)

Kevin,

There will definitely be clans and social structure within the clans. There will be a few major clans to choose from, but players will also have the choice to come from a lesser known, smaller clan if they wish to come up with their own ideas and submit them for approval. If you guys see the finished local race packet, and would still like to flesh out your clan with suggested structural names, you can feel free to create a smaller clan as long as it fits within our vision. As for Warhammer, I would prefer if you don't use the EXACT names, but feel free to be creative and come up with different/similar ones.

If you have any other questions, shoot em my way. You can also email me privately.
Chat soon,
Jesse

I just want to say how much I love dwarves in general, and how utterly PSYCHED I am that you guys are making a whole team of dwarves! You rock! :D

Trace

I was wondering if we had any update on the local dwarven racial packet. Thanks for the info.

The Rough draft was handed to me yesterday and I will be editing it this week.

Just so you know, once race packets are complete, they will only be given to people who have dwarves in our database and have an active membership!

Jesse

off topic but: how do you get into the database/start the character creation process? as you know, i've been out of town and havent attended an event yet, but I have donated to the kickstarter.

In order to create a character, you have to start by having a paid membership. In order to do that, go to www.alliancedenver.com and go to the payments page.

Once that step is complete, then all you have to do is email Logistics@AllianceDenver.com with your character race, class, and what you want to spend your 15 build on.

Hope that helps!

Jesse

Back