Entering Crossroads

The road has been long, and the travel tiring. Finding a suitable inn shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I'll need coin for supplies and other things.
I'll have to remember to keep an ear open for any work that may need done.

I wonder if i'll run into the countess again. i can certainly hope so.
It amuses me that she thought i was propositioning her.

Obviously i'm going to need to make my threats more direct next time.
Though, i'm not in the habit of making threats as it is. Much quicker to carry them out if you never announce the intention at all.

Jax,

I would be happy to show you around town and introduce you to people at the next gathering.

Daylynn

*nods*

Thank you, Daylynn. I'm not much of a people person, but it always helps to know the lay of the land, as well as the officials ruling it, as long as my ability to come and go as i please isn't impeded.

You aren't, by any chance, going to be destroying a dam in this town, i hope? *the corners of his mouth turned up, just the slightest allowance of mirth, is all that betrays his solemn tone.*

I know nothing of the town of Crossroads; is there need for one such as i? or are there more bloodthirsty countessess and high orc armies to face?

Jax,

If you are in need of coin, I might have a few coins I can offer you to help you on your way. As for this town, I am some what new here myself, but I find that it can be hard to get board around here, there is normaly alot going on, I am sure that one such as yourself can fins something to pass the time. Please let me need know if you are in need of anything, my doors are always open.

Valor Goldenrod

*nods*

My thanks to you, but I'm not a beggar; if there's coin to be had, i'll work for it.
I would appreciate a suggestion as to where i might find a place to stay, and someone that serves a decent meal.

Oh, and i'd like to avoid "kind nobles" welcoming visitors to their town with warm meals, warmer beds, and a brisk run-for-your-life in the morning, thanks.

I understand that you will not take a hand out, if you wish to earn it, then I am sure that I can think of something for you to do to earn it. I will get back to you when I think of something. Good day.

Valor

Cerulean Jax said:
Thank you, Daylynn. I'm not much of a people person, but it always helps to know the lay of the land, as well as the officials ruling it, as long as my ability to come and go as i please isn't impeded.

You aren't, by any chance, going to be destroying a dam in this town, i hope? *the corners of his mouth turned up, just the slightest allowance of mirth, is all that betrays his solemn tone.*

I know nothing of the town of Crossroads; is there need for one such as i? or are there more bloodthirsty countessess and high orc armies to face?

*There is a slight snarl, followed by a low hiss and a soft deep growl*

Her Grace, Duchess Fillagrino, is a kind, noble, and just woman. Nothing like the supposed Nobles of Llantry.

*glances at you*

*face impassive, a blank emotionless slate*

Is there a problem?

Cerulean Jax said:

Jax,

While I can introduce to some of the officials of the town, I was going to introduce you to other wanderers, adventurers, and other people who are normally around town that seem to have a habit of taking care of problems.

The Crossroads being part of the Kingdom of Andar; which is at war with the Empire of Llantry, seems to have no end of trouble at the moment. So I am sure that you will be able to find something to occupy your time in or around town

Daylynn

*nods again*

That would be appreciated, Daylynn. Many thanks for your hospitality.

Hello to whom I'm hoping will become a new friend!! My name is Kasuni, and it is most wonderful to meet you! A hint of what you should avoid while in town: don't walk around alone. When I first arrived in town I did, and I was lucky enough not to run into things. But there are many scary creatures that will try ad harm you, so be careful around those and always stay on guard!!
But it is a wonderful place to be, despite the monsters that roam. Many wonderful people reside here, and there is almost always something happening! Adventures mostly come everyday!
Hope to see you soon!

~Kasuni

*silent for a moment, lips pursed in thought*

...I'm not sure how to respond. I can appreciate the offer of friendship, but friends tend to die or fall away. i'm always alone, and that's how life is.

You would probably be happier making friends with those more outgoing.

*he becomes silent and withdraws into his cloak.*

I won't make you be my friend. It is not in my nature to force ideas on people. But if you ever do find that you want a friend or even someone to talk to and share stories with, make me aware. But if you don't want to be alone, you don't have to.
*smiles*
Those that are outgoing are not the only ones who can have friends.

*Nods solemnly*

I will remember your kindness.

Back