Entering town

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisp

A calloused and filthy foot touched down on the stones of Calanhelm's streets, seeming unmindful of the weather, the wet from melting snow, the filth from city refuse. A second foot joined the first, side by side, with some distance between them and together they held a cloaked figure upright. Her black wrapped tight about her, the woman peered down the available avenues. Wild hair blew into her face but she ignored it. Somehow, along the way, she'd lost track of her companion. She swore they hadn't been that far apart. The crowd of a city, however, we're wonderful for getting lost in, as were the tightly packed buildings and alleyways. Heaving the sigh of the long-suffering, Relyk turned, the abrupt motion allowing some of her tartan to peek out from beneath her cloak. She decided to backtrack a bit, see if she couldn't find the man. It's not that she particularly needed a bodyguard, but they were rather nice to have around. Besides, she'd grown accustomed to his presence.

Setting off briskly, Relyk grumbled beneath her breath, murmuring a 'finding' chant and clutching one of her luck charms.

A dirt-covered, webbed foot quickly touched the cold, wet cobblestones. A second foot followed the first, as the feathery creature ran squawking through a small, crowded alleyway in Calanhelm. The bystanders paid little to no attention to the quacking duck. However, a man in full armour, with sword drawn, soon bolted into the entrance of the alleyway from an adjoining street. The man quickly spied the duck, and loudly exclaimed, "Someone stop that foul beast! It has my copper!"

Seeing a crazed man would be about just enough to put anyone in a tizy. But seeing a fully armoured fighter, with sword drawn, now that was really enough to make people panic. The innocent bystanders quickly shrieked in terror. Several ran for cover, while others cowered in fear. The whole alleyway soon erupted into chaos, yet the duck was somehow able to run into a side alley and away to safety.

Surprisingly, the man was able to keep his eye on the duck as it ran away into the side alley. He knelt briefly, and charged through the throng of people -- slipping past those bigger than him, and bowling over those who were smaller than him.

He turned the corner to find the quiet, side alley where the duck had fled. To its dismay, the poor creature had found itself at a dead end, and was now trying hopelessly to fly over the wall. Alas, it lacked the ability.

"Ha-ha-ha. You fowl. At last, my companion and I shall enact our revenge. Isn't that right Relyk? Uh...Relyk? Relyk? Where'd you go Relyk? Oh ****! Relyk...I..."

And with that, the fighter fled back the way he had came -- the duck and his copper all but forgotten.

Relyk followed the street back the way she had originally come, her attention caught by the aftermath of some small disturbance. The way people seemed to talk and hold themselves, something notable had happened, nothing earth-shattering but perhaps moment-shattering. The young woman pursed her lips, the blue paint on her face making her expressions seem a bit more severe. If she knew this man, and in the past year she'd come to think that she knew him at least a little, he was likely involved.

She slipped through the crowd, offering a few faint smiles to those whose gaze she caught, her stained teeth offering little by way of comfort. After a few minutes of fruitless searching, Relyk paused. She squeezed a different charm into her palm and yelled, "Oy, me Boy! An' where y'be at then?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back