Evade vs. Dodge

elliotbay

Knight
Marshal
I just got my rule book in the mail, and am on page 45 right now. I can't seem to figure out the difference between Dodge and Evade, though. Is it just that only Dodge can be used on packet attacks?

elliotbay said:
I just got my rule book in the mail, and am on page 45 right now. I can't seem to figure out the difference between Dodge and Evade, though. Is it just that only Dodge can be used on packet attacks?

An Evade will allow you to avoid a weapon attack such as "10 normal", "10magic", "10 drain" and so on. How ever you can not Evade a PTD (prepare to die) skill such as "Prepare to die 50 slay". With a dodge you can.

Dodge is the ultimate "No" call. With dodge, you can avoid weapon attacks, PTD skills, and spells whereas Evade only allows you to avoid weapon attacks.

For Evade purposes, is an arrow considered a weapon attack? I know most people can get out of the way on their own but the call for the attack fits.

The question was answered, but I'm bored and will offer a bit of advice.

The best use for evades is from monsters with carrier attacks. If you're trying to get away or avoid dying in a really bad spot from something swinging paralysis/vertigo/death/etc., an evade is a life saver. It allows you to keep your dodges for the really bad things that you may get hit with later. I've heard a lot of people say they aren't fans of the skill, but like any skill in this game its use is situational. Rogues are all about being ready for anything and everything.

I have never heard anyone say evade wasn't worth it. Evade is awesome.
--bill

I knew somebody who said evade wasn't worth it... till he used the first one he bought against "20 death"

Evade is fantastic. If I played a class that could get it (Rogue, Scout, Adept) I would totally have it. :D

Back