Event feedback: "Paths of Conflict"

JordarAd

Constructive criticism is always appreciated. Please post your thoughts on our December 2019 day event, "Paths of Conflict" below...

Hey team - great event!

Had a good time, and it was obvious that the whole thing was planned with real care and detail.

PROS:
Props: great setup, love that everything was "what you see is what you get". One specific prop monster encounter at the very end was so perfect in appearance and execution that I wish more than a handful of PCs got to experience it.

RP: the personality adjusting (identifying) rings were great, and exposing some character beliefs led to great conversations and conflict.

Pace: Adjustments seem to have been made to the planned content which ended the module almost exactly on-time, meaning that no one who needed to go home on time missed anything due to overrun.

CONS:
Non-plot monster selection:
The "keep the PCs busy" fights were continuously respawning monsters (the musclely elves) that had a
-large- amount of defenses against what seemed like all attack types. Perfect as "mini-boss" encounters; a huge slog when you unload everything you've got to kill it, it gives next no treasure, then respawns immediately over and over. Similar statement about an elemental I fought that used 6 evades and had 50+ health. Keep your crunchies crunchy.

Thanks again for a great event, and I look forward to the next one!

I would like to formally add that this event would be much less without the efforts of Liz, Parker, Dane, and Jesse, who each put forth a great deal of effort and time to assure things went well behind the scenes to make the event run smoothly.

CONS:
Non-plot monster selection:
The "keep the PCs busy" fights were continuously respawning monsters (the musclely elves) that had a
-large- amount of defenses against what seemed like all attack types. Perfect as "mini-boss" encounters; a huge slog when you unload everything you've got to kill it, it gives next no treasure, then respawns immediately over and over. Similar statement about an elemental I fought that used 6 evades and had 50+ health. Keep your crunchies crunchy.

Agreed. This has been stated by a few players, and has been addressed to our NPCs.

Back