Everyone wants money.

Balryn

I am looking for anyone associated with Silver Falcon Trading. My friends have been searching the known realms for gryphon eggs, of notable features, that were taken from earthstone.

Mykell has advised me that he is willing to offer twenty-five gold per egg, after receiving proof from the healers troupe that an egg has been delivered intact and is genuine. He is willing to purchase up to four such eggs.

There is a bounty of fifty gold for the safe return of a valuable gypsy artifact, commonly referred to as a tribal cup. It was taken some time ago by unknown bandits during the dream war, and in addition to its safe return, an additional reward will be granted to the delivery of those responsible for the thievery. The reward, while not specified, will be generous in comparison with the effort required to apprehend those responsible.

Posted without question, in service to the royal blood and of the crown.
This 6th day of winter's arrival.

~Balryn

Isnt Mykell still wanted for questioning by the law and arnt you (Balryn) wanted for high treason in this kingdom?

If this isnt the case someone might want to take the wanted poster in the tavern down.

Well 'this kingdom' is probably not the case. I'm sleeping and this is the dream realm, and I don't know where you are. Otherwise this conversation would be far more interesting.

As far as other places, I could say 'sure'. I've been wanted for a variety of things in times past, even during the crusades of Andalen I was wanted for a variety of things... of course the local legal body was nothing more than armed vagabonds.

It would be interesting to be wanted for a crime in a place I've never been, but it wouldn't be the first time. Then again, I usually go for forgiving people for past deeds, but if you feel differently I'm always up for some practice on legality and morality. If haven't been wanted for high treason as of late, but I am always more than obliged to take up the offer with you. You bring whatever army you want and come meet me in the woods, and we'll see who is better at carrying out subtle threats.

And well Mykell, you know he has about the same problem. Being alive in most countries we visit is often illegal. High treason would be easier to deal with honestly, but somehow he's managed to keep his head on his body when dealing with the common folk.

~Balryn

Subtle threats? This isnt a threat, there is a wanted poster naming you as wanted for High treason in the kingdom of andar. You might even be able to see it yourself if you look at some of the andar taverns.

Kauss, I believe both Balryn and Mykell fled as quickly as they could from these lands some time ago.

To answer your implied question, there are no mistaken posters in the Midnight Raven at this time so far as I know.

-Polare Lissenstine
Seneschal to Count Di'Orsini

Well considering I've never knowingly been in Andar, it would be fairly strange to be wanted for high treason. But then again, I'm always good for it. Definately not the first country who didn't like me, and I doubt it will be the last.

Your pursuit of legality is always a subtle threat Kauss, if you weren't threatening Mykell or myself you wouldn't have mentioned it. I've seen you look the other way far too many times to mistake being persecuted, you should really just out and out say you have harsh feelings. I wouldn't begrudge someone of speaking the truth, and you don't have to worry about either Mykell or I thinking you are neutral. It is sad to see a man who can't openly admit how he feels.

Aside from fleeing these lands (what lands are we referring to?), I wasn't aware we left anywhere with more haste than usual, and yes, fathers typically do stay with their families instead of strange adventurers. I'm always amazed how much time the adventuring crowd stays away from family. It took me too much time just to wander back through the mist after the fey decided to stop things. There wasn't any reason to come back to the crossroads after the Fey stopped toying with it, but then again, I doubt the Fey ever stop toying with most things. I'd have been traveling for a much longer time had my wife not insisted that I find my brother.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
Well considering I've never knowingly been in Andar...

~Balryn

To quell any confusion: Andar is Crocevia that was.

Avaran said:
To quell any confusion: Andar is Crocevia that was.
If Andar is the Crocevia that was, why is it not still Crocevia? You can take town out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the town eh? Those Fey always seem to be messing things up.

It wouldn't make much sense to be wanted for high treason in a country I've never been, seeing as high treason is a usually reserved for crimes against the crown. I'd assume that I've done something against the crown here eh?

In any case, I've only been to Crocevia. The whole place was still floating around the umbra when I left... I'm amazed the Fey decided to keep it around. It was much more difficult to locate after leaving than I expected it would have been, the Fey usually like to highlight messing around in the affairs of mortals.

Aside from that, both offers are still completely valid. I don't care if I have to go into a country that has a bounty on my head, like I said before - it wouldn't be the first time.

~Balryn

Remember, Balryn, that there are other peoples than de gaje who are for wishing to see some amount of ensering of qvestions. The answers you were for givink me de last time we were talking are not matching de answers I am for getting from others of de blood. Now... you would not be for fibbing to Papa, would you?

Balryn said:
If Andar is the Crocevia that was, why is it not still Crocevia?

~Balryn

I do not pay attention to such things, but it looks the same, and smells the same...and people often refer to it as Crocevia still. Maybe they just decided to change the name? Far stranger things have happened.

And the Fey...I'll let someone else tell you about them.

Dave said:
Remember, Balryn, that there are other peoples than de gaje who are for wishing to see some amount of ensering of qvestions. The answers you were for givink me de last time we were talking are not matching de answers I am for getting from others of de blood. Now... you would not be for fibbing to Papa, would you?
If you are referring to the last time you spoke to us as a family, when your tribe was laid slaughtered at the hands of the Stregga's army... then nothing has changed since then. If you need to contact me, you've always known how to contact a brother. I would never turn down the conversation of another family elder who has shared the same battles I have.

Balryn said:
There wasn't any reason to come back to the crossroads after the Fey stopped toying with it, but then again, I doubt the Fey ever stop toying with most things.

I am a little confused about something, perhaps you can clear it up for me?

You said you had "no reason to come back to The Crossroads"? It wasn't known as that (to those of us from Crocevia) until after the Fey did their thing...so are you admitting you've been to Andar, or haven't been (The Crossroads have always been a part of Andar)?

Because you said you'd never knowingly been here (there)... But...coming "back" would mean you knew you were there (or had been there...or here)...

Please clear up my confusion?

Humbly,

-Avaran

Avaran,

Crocevia Fatuae means "Crossroads of Fate" and was referred to as "The Crossroads" for a very long time, even by those of us who lived there.

I've never been to Andar, but I did go to the crossroads many times. In fact I lived there for a while. I'm not sure why someone decided to adopt the name Crossroads for this place in Andar, but I suppose it's not as unique a name as some others.

I've heard vague mentions that it is in fact the same city, but that the Fae toyed with it to the point that they ended up moving it to a completely different country and people stopped referring to it as Crocevia Fatuae.

I do not say this to incite anger, but to inform and enlighten. I suppose I will not be surprised if it does incite anger though. People are often angry for seemingly no reason.

~Derek Ironhammer

Avaran said:
You said you had "no reason to come back to The Crossroads"? It wasn't known as that (to those of us from Crocevia) until after the Fey did their thing...so are you admitting you've been to Andar, or haven't been (The Crossroads have always been a part of Andar)?
I don't know where you travel from Avaran, but the Crossroads have been the crossroads for several hundred years. However The Crossroads were first on Iyave, across from the black sea.

The Crossroads of Andar are a bit different than The Crossroads on Iyave or the Crossroads in Gianeria. With all the planar travel it could indeed be the same place, but I'd hardly argue that it is since I know there are very basic pieces of it that are not the same.

In chaos theory, such crossroads are typically areas of void energy that have collasped upon themselves and connected with others locations of like energy in the spirit realm. I believe in this instance, the exact nature of this crossroads is actually linked to the realm of fallen heroes, as the first changes in the nature of the area were accompanied by adventurers who traveled through the Fallen Gate. Unfortunately at least one group of adventurers brought back artifacts that destablized the paths of order, and now the Fey seem to have taken it upon themselves to reroute sections of the path to areas they are comfortable toying with.

I'm am fairly certain that the Crossroads of Andar is not Crocevia. The realm of Crocevia was indeed in the dream ether, and significant parts of it failed to materialize when a good portion of the world was forgetten to the mist. When I last visited the Crossroads in Crocevia, the area immediately surrounded the township didn't exist in the physical world.

So now that this facet of the Crossroads has anchored on another planet in the ether, it would be very mindless to say it is the same place. The only things that actually exist are the sections of the town that several of the Fey remembered, the other dreams were lost to the awakening nature of the realm.

Does that answer your question?

~Balryn

Balryn said:
Does that answer your question?

~Balryn

Indeed it does. Thank you both. I've learned much.

-Avaran

Here are the simple facts as I know them. 1st off, tho the world around the crossroads has changed the people who were in it at the time of the change are the exact same people. Some of them lost much from the change.
2nd The charges against Balryn stem from around the time as the change, and were brought forward after the change, when the town was officaly the crossroads.

I would suspect, no matter that you say you have never been to this crossroads Balryn, there are those who would dissagree with you, and as such the law in town will most likly still want to ask you some questions.

However I would not worry to much about that, since if you didnt do anything the law would worry about, you should have no fear.

Hmmm

I always suspect that there are plenty of people who would disagree with me on whether I've been to the crossroads. There were plenty of people who disagreed with me regarding whether or not Crocevia was actually in Gianeria or not, and I didn't really ever try to convince them of it either way. It doesn't concern me whether or not the average commoner understands the how the realm works.

I often ponder about the law, everywhere I've gone the law is a matter of conflict regarding issues that I don't concern myself with. It is not the nature of the travel to regard political changes for long, and they never really last. For instance, most of the old world was much easier to live in when it was ruled by trolls.

There are often strange laws, regarding everything from pink bunnies to whether or not necromancers are allowed to run the earth guild. I often disagree with a variety of them, but find some to be useful as well. I remember when the Herlequin kept trying to convince me that Palernan law was so corrupt, but they always seemed to have everything in order compared to the others.

I do however, tend to pay more attention to the more barbaric legal systems that threaten my well being. Its very much like traveling into the lands of the undead or the pit of doom (oh the memories).

In any case, I'm sure I'll see everyone in a few months regardless of the legal issues. I'm sure my horse ran over a town gaurd somewhere, perhaps I'll have to ask Baron Reinholdt if someone put explosives on the count's throne again (Has anyone seen Rowan around here lately?).

~Balryn

Back