Feed Those in Need

Dar Beltaine

Artisan
To all current residents of the Bastion,

I feel it necessary to point out that food is in short supply in these lands. We were lucky to produce a flame that would burn the vile in the forest, and consequently protect the innocent and the harvest. I ask all of you now to please bring what food you can to those in need. If you can farm in your busy lives, please do so. If you travel to other lands and can bring forth fruits and vegetables, please do so. These lands are suffering far too much and I only wish that the people who protect it, remain well in their defense.

To that end, we all seem ready to lend our minds and blades within the battle, but we must not forget that there are other things necessary to our survival and the survival of those to come.

Unfortunately I and my kind are unable to assist due to some curse in these lands, but I will would personally be willing to defend any who travel by caravan or foot, with the means to keep us fed.

If there are others willing to help I would greatly appreciate it. At this past gather I was asked to not lean against a tree for fear that my curse would harm it. Such a horrific fate can be overcome by others who are willing.

Please see me if you wish to help. I can be found at the G.O.T.E.C. cabin in the far wood, by the lake.

Yours in Service,
~Squire Paladar Beltaine

Squire Paladar,

I am more than willing to lend any aid I can in helping transport and protect what supplies that may be needed. I am more than a little familiar with Caravan work. Should any need aid in arranging transport, please feel free to contact me or leave word on this wall as to how I may contact you. Ensuring the safety of what supplies we can gather is of utmost importance.

Marcus of Freeport
Caravan Master

Human-Manusia have a terrible curse in the Deadland', one from which I have suffered in the past. Human' can not be given the task of transporting food-stuff', thus another race must carry this torch. Remember that your Road' are protected by the Warlord', proper tribute must be made to these fine warrior' before any trade with the Harvest-Land' may take place.

I will travel with your caravan'. I am not a destitute beggar and honestly I think your grain doesn't taste as good as other thing' I have found on the road. I will help pay, I have many cure light wound' elixir' and potion' that are good for trade. It is strange that coin is so meaningless.

Perhap' when Lord Justicar realize' that he have the aid and charity of the Twiceborn, many of the law' may be improved.

Marcus of Freeport, I look forward to riding with you. Perhap' we can even be shephard' to Refugee' we might come across.

Air Raksa
of The Arkelian Hunter'

Air Raksa,

Just to clarify a point. Reports indicate that we humans can carry food. We simply cannot farm it. Humans are actually, according to Princess Arianne, the race most commonly enlisted to guard and ship the food other races have been farming in The Harvest Lands of Eire.

You are however, quite right about the roads and the Orcs. The Justicar informs me that beyond the Bastions, the High-Orcs seem to have become the most prolific race in these dark times, and while many of them are known to be ruthless highwaymen, many have become rather helpful in maintaining order on what few major roads still exist between our fallen baronies and nations. In a sense, you are correct, many High-Orcs do serve as "shepherds" to the true mortals and twice-born who are either mad enough, or desperate enough to attempt travel throughout the land.

Lord Southkin will be writing soon to discuss the bizarre state of currency (I am told) the Bastions have had to adopt for some time. Through Lord Orin, The Gate Keeper, and whispering wind rituals, we hope to keep up some communication with Eire during the month. Perhaps, given recent events, some normalcy may develop with regard to currency and trade.

I truly hope to see you with us again, and soon. I know this land doesn't have much to offer with regard to safety, beauty, or purity, but what we lack in virtue we make up for in need and excitement. Perhaps those qualities will be worthy enough to attract you for some time.

In Trust,
Lord Galloway

To those who carried grain~

Sir Wynn I believe you led the group.

Many thanks! Due to your efforts a few days back hundreds of pounds of grain were brought and we were able to grind it for flour. I cannot thank you enough!

Although according to those of you of the human persuasion were unable to taste the fruits of your own labors, I have to say it was some tasty bread! Unfortunate about the taste in your mouth.

The hobblings were able to get a few bushel of apples to us before everyone left. I believe they were also the originators of the grain shipment that made it. My thanks to them as well.

Any assistance that can be provided in gaining me contacts with other caravans would be helpful. If you have access to some foods and would like to earn a free meal or two by bringing said foods with you when you visit this way again please send a messenger or put a notice up here.

~Z~

Air Raksa,

I would be most pleased and honored to ride with you. Between us, perhaps we can help bring a decent harvest to these tortured lands. I look forward to seeing you again friend. I too will try to bring some trade goods along for the ride. While I can not taste the beer, ale and mead, without feeling ill, I certainly can bring some along for those who can enjoy it!
If we do not manage to meet up soon, please look for me on the road. I will hold a place for you.

Marcus of Freeport

Tzdyl,

I will be mroe than happy to help you meet folks amongst the caravans. I have lived amongst them for most of my life. Feel free to contact me privately, or to leave message for me here on these tavern walls. Until then, take care of yourselves. I hope your husband has no need to put to use the weapons skills I taught him at the last gathering.

Marcus of Freeport

Air Raksa,

While I have no great desire to walk these lands, as you likely understand, if you have need of my or Elrylinde's skills they are at your disposal.

-Kainen

Lord Galloway

I am told you were once an Admiral, and I can see that many people show respect to you.

You say the land is not safe, nor is it beautiful or pure. I do not agree with you. I do not share your forlorn out-look, perhap' this is why the "High Orc" are so prolific now. I understand that many people are suffering because of their curse' and that for some; time' are desperate. Not all people enjoyed the trapping' of civilization to begin with, for some the playing field has been leveled and now we all must rely on one another, less we all share the same fate.

I did not think it would be considered wise for human' to handle the food we all eat. If Princess Arianne does not share this concern, then I will harp on it no longer.

Keep yourself very safe My Lord. Your land' are plenty "worthy" enough to attract me. I can see that we have much to still learn about one another; since you felt it necessary to write those word'. I would be offended and insulted, save for that you and I; maybe got off on the wrong foot. We will find our way to work together. These "High Orc" "Highwaymen"; do you have any idea where they might be found? I would like very much to "enlighten" any I run across.

-Air Raksa
of The Arkelian Hunter'

Air Raksa said:
Lord Galloway

I am told you were once an Admiral, and I can see that many people show respect to you.

You say the land is not safe, nor is it beautiful or pure. I do not agree with you. I do not share your forlorn out-look, perhap' this is why the "High Orc" are so prolific now. I understand that many people are suffering because of their curse' and that for some; time' are desperate. Not all people enjoyed the trapping' of civilization to begin with, for some the playing field has been leveled and now we all must rely on one another, less we all share the same fate.

Well...I think you certainly have a point, and I'm glad that you have a more positive outlook than some of us. And I'm guessing you're correct with regard to the High-Orcs. They seem to thrive under the adversity this continent now offers.

Air Raksa said:
I did not think it would be considered wise for human' to handle the food we all eat. If Princess Arianne does not share this concern, then I will harp on it no longer.

I understand that there haven’t been any problems thus far. The condition seems to only pertain to the actual growing of food, not its transport. If I discover otherwise, I will certainly send word to all who could be affected.

Air Raksa said:
Keep yourself very safe My Lord. Your land' are plenty "worthy" enough to attract me. I can see that we have much to still learn about one another; since you felt it necessary to write those word'. I would be offended and insulted, save for that you and I; maybe got off on the wrong foot. We will find our way to work together. These "High Orc" "Highwaymen"; do you have any idea where they might be found? I would like very much to "enlighten" any I run across.

By no means would I wish to offend you. You seem to be a rather skilled, boisterous and good-hearted adventurer. And again, I'm glad you find worth in this place, as well as being here, as do I.

If nothing else, with its warts and all, I do still love this land, and always will…
As true as I am sworn.

Lord Galloway

PS. To find the WarLords, the Highwaymen, all one must do is walk the main road which leads out of the Bastion. Bring food, potions, weapons, but travel light, and with friends. Make sure you have a ward spell in the party each night.

Back