Female Armor

lukeskywkr

Does anyone know where to get practical female armor, that is not made with leather and is not plate mail? Fake leather would be awesome!

And if you don't know where I could get some, do you have any pictures or patterns so that I could make some???

If you don't want actual leather.. you can get really great "leather-look" fabrics.. JoAnn's often carries them.

In terms of patterns... it really depends on what you're trying to make. For my personal armor, I took patterns for different types of clothing (like a vest and a corset) and combined them together to create a look I wanted. If you're tailoring it to a specific person it's not too hard, but I'd recommend making it in muslin first so you have inexpensive pattern pieces to replicate.

Don't know if money or weight is an issue (weight of the armor, not the wearer) but chainmail is easy to get and conforms to, shall we say, whatever shape the body is beneath it.

hmm Chain mail would be a bit heavy for me to wear, and it takes forever to make. lol I do really like the idea of making my own pattern from clothes that already fit me.

Thanks for the suggestions!

A friend of mine that I know does this neat thing where she has you put on a tshirt you dont care about then she wraps you in duct tape to create the pattern. you need a helper for that, but thats an idea!

A woman's fencing chest gaurd makes a good template from which to build up a leather or fake leather chest peice.
--bill
Caldaria Staff
Caldaria Rules Marshal

Back