Few Questions

jerrett

1. Why does the main website still link the 1.3 Rulebook and not the 2.0 one? Are there still chapters using the 1.3 Rulebook? I know this was confusing to me as a recent new player as I got about 1/2 through the 1.3 book then found that the chapter I play in was using the 2.0 Rulebook.

2. Vengeance is listed in the rulebook but it isn't very clear what its effect is in the rulebook. Compare this to massive which is quite well explained. Could this be considered for the future? Particularly as this comes up below. I try to be well read on things but was hit with a vengeance effect in a marshaled situation during my first event and I don't think there was any reading in the rulebook that would have informed me what defenses did or did not apply in that scenario.

3. Vengeance vs. Resolute/other effects. Right now the one place it seems to be spoken of specifically is in the vengeance ritual: "This damage is 10 points per level of Ritual magic possessed by the Caster and is not avoidable in any manner. " Is it possible this wording could be more specifically phrased to clarify that nothing works against it (my understanding of the current ruling)? For example, I think it is a reasonable thought to say that you're not avoiding all the effects of vengeance by using a Resolute as it still damages your armor and thus resolute isn't avoidance but is instead reduction (which goes against my understanding of how the effect is intended).

1. I assume it’s because the 2.0 rulebook is still undergoing revisions to catch legacy text or other minor errors, and so it wouldn’t be advantageous to place it there yet.

2. Vengeance is a damage effect that cannot be avoided. I’ve seen Plot teams use it like a qualifier, but that’s not how it’s intended to work. In essence, Vengeance just means that you cannot avoid or reduce it in any way.

3. Resolute cannot be activated against Vengeance, as Vengeance cannot be avoided or reduced in any way.

Upvote 0
Back