First attempt 'In Costume' - Biata

Breten said:
Yeah we've had a lot of OOG chats about the need to rename the Templar class since there's no religion in the game. IG it has no meaning, heck there's one on his shield too.

I tried to explain after last game that the classes and their names are all OOG representations for the skillsets and skill points. There is nothing in-game that needs to be 'roleplayed' for the classes. He's built his character concept around the real life 'templar' archetype, when the class name is an OOG concept. (This is also why you can change classes freely as long as you have enough Build Points to pay the difference - since I'm not going to make potions after all given the market saturation on them, I was looking at switching Rogue to eventually get Disarm for much cheaper than I would if I stay Artisan with no real detriment overall except for the extra 2 points for Read & Write and the extra 1 point for the one rank of Blacksmith I'm about to take. Rogue gets alchemy at the same rate that the Artisan does and that's the only real thing I'm getting from Artisan anymore.)

I didn't explain it well, I'll try again next time I see him. (The male elf in that photo acts like a fighter, but from his fighting styIe I think he's a rogue - When we went to rescue the NPC Gypsy, I remember him saying that "Those with heavy armour and shields should go in front and 'skirmishers' should go around to attack them from the side." I like how that *alludes* to Fighters and Rogues respectively without actually using those terms.)

Also, the other Biata in that picture - I would have assumed from his armour that he's a Fighter before finding out he's part of the Earth Guild (was tying to get Frederick to teach him Potionmaking) and then I clued in that he's probably a Templar.

Breten said:
Yeah we've had a lot of OOG chats about the need to rename the Templar class since there's no religion in the game. IG it has no meaning, heck there's one on his shield too.

The "No Religion" rule is one that we take very seriously in Alliance. This is especially true when it comes to religious iconography. I know more than a few people will read this and bring up the fact that it is impossible to completely avoid all religious symbols and I get that.

BUT

A tabard with a cross on it really shouldn't be considered acceptable. It doesn't matter whether the symbols have any meaning IG or not.

With that said, this is a thread about Biata costuming and I don't want to derail the thread any further. It should porbably be discussed in its own thread.

Stephen
National CS

Back