Flawed items

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwconvery

Spellsword
Does a flaw the makes an item un-usable by a particular character make the item's flaws un-usable as well? Whether good or bad.

I'm an Elf, I have a ring that says only usable by dwarves, you take double damage from chaos.
Do I take double damage from chaos?

What about flawed 'must be worn' items? are you effected by the flaw when not wearing the item?

Thanks in advance,
-Joe

I had a long and detailed response typed out, but then a bunch of other questions starting coming to mind which lead to me making assumptions, then asking more questions, then ... too much confusion.

So, my short answer is: standard procedure is that unless the flaw is specifically tied to a ritual effect, a flaw that limits use of an item then limits the use of all ritual effects on the item (including flaws).

As such, I would rule that an elf wearing a ring with the flaws "Only useable by Dwarves" and "Take double damage from Chaos" does not take double damage from Chaos. If the flaw was actually "Arcane Armor only useable by Dwarves", but the "Take double damage from Chaos" remained the same, then the elf would take double damage Chaos.

The same goes for "Must be worn" flaws.

Unless a flaw specifically says otherwise, it does not affect the item's indestructibility or lack there-of.

There are more complicated scenarios (such as "What about Spirit Link/Lock?" or "What about ... something else?") and more complicated answers that can be discussed in the Rules Theory/Discussion or ask the ARC.

- Seth
SEA/OR Marshal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back