Focus

tieran

Duke
Alliance Rules
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
The 2.0 update makes the statement that “individual abilities may have additional requirements, while some may have exemptions to the above conditions (for example you can self-cast while under a Sanctuary)“ in regards to the new focus mechanic.

The 1.3 rulebook states that a killing blow can be interrupted by a weapon blow, even if it has no effect.

1.3 also states that you cannot walk around while refitting armor.

2.0 doesn’t seem to hold to both of these things. Can we get a list of the additional restrictions or should it just be assumed that unless otherwise specified, any specific 1.3 restrictions would still stand?

We have to keep in mind that brand new players might not know what was in 1.3 when we move forward.

We have to keep in mind that brand new players might not know what was in 1.3 when we move forward.

That's why the ARB is being updated to 2.0 :D Keep in mind that the packet explicitly notes at the top "This is intended to be used in conjunction with the ARB 1.3, if something hasn't changed in the packet it's still in effect from the ARB".

-Bryan

I definitely recommend that chapters work closely with potential new players due to this; Seattle is still regularly getting new people though we don’t run 1.3 anymore, so it’s pretty important to make sure they have the help needed to

1) Figure out their race and class, due to changes
2) Understand all the choices available to them now
3) Get set up with the CMA

I definitely recommend that chapters work closely with potential new players due to this; Seattle is still regularly getting new people though we don’t run 1.3 anymore, so it’s pretty important to make sure they have the help needed to

1) Figure out their race and class, due to changes
2) Understand all the choices available to them now
3) Get set up with the CMA

It's super important they're getting characters set in the old database too until 2.0 goes live.

It's super important they're getting characters set in the old database too until 2.0 goes live.

Truth; that’s currently the status quo here, so I didn’t mention it. Good to point out.

Back