Food at event

jpariury

Duke
Do I understand correctly that there is a meal plan purchasable for $15? Am I just being dense and not seeing where the details are? This sentence confused me: "NPCs who wish to eat on site must pay food cost". Hopefully that's just to pay for such a meal plan, not just to eat on site, yes?

Lol yeah sorry the wording isn't clear.

NPCs play for free and can bring their own food if they want. PCs can pay the base price and also bring their own meal situations. However Alliance Ohio has a tradition off offering a full Tavern meal at our events. With our normal events this is a mandatory cost and everyone has access to the meals however for the National, as some players do not like this setup or are not used to it, we've made the Meal Plan optional.

NPCs who pay the 15$ and PCs who purchase the Meal Plan will receive Dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night as well as Breakfast/Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. As of now though the event runs into Monday there were no plans to offer a breakfast. Drinks will be available in the Tavern at all times (to keep people hydrated) and we usually cook enough for people to get seconds and, often, thirds easily enough. Snacks between meals or any additional food you'd like can be brought in as well as cabins have stoves/fire pits that can be used or maybe you can tip some of the PC-volunteers in the Tavern to prepare food for you. :) Cabins should have Refrigerators as well as the Tavern fridges or coolers can be brought to store food you want to bring in yourself.

At this time I'm not sure what exactly we will be serving but if you have any special dietary needs please let us know ahead of time (allergies, vegetarian, etc) so we can plan for you. We try to wait until near the event and purchase fresh meats and vegetables based on what our local stores/butchers have available for a good price. At least one of the Dinners, as of now, is intended to be a Pig Roast which should be absolutely mouth watering and smell fantastic throughout the camp for hours while its prepared. ;) As the event draws nearer and we figure out how many people are looking for the Meal Plan we'll have a better idea of what budget we have and what produce/meats/etc are available and looking fine in the area.

The meal plan sounds absolutely splendid. When we pre-reg and send our payment by paypal, should we include the $15??? or can we include it? I know sometimes the Tavern is managed by PCs, but was hoping I could take care of it all at once.

Many thanks,
daver

Yeah pop that 15$ bad boy right on your pre-reg payment- we'll figure it out I promise. :)
and we'll use the money to buy food for ya lol.

Normally Ohio Taverns are run by PCs though the Ohio Chapter actually buys the food. The PCs supply the work and keep the coin/tips they earn for doing so. At this National, however, we have a few of our Veteran Cooks (if you will) who are NPCing and will switch off and a cadre of PC Volunteers to help with preparations, serving and cleanup. Once the event draws nearer and we see how many are getting the plan we'll figure out how many additional Helpers we may need and put up IG notices of job offerings for PCs to hire on for coin, food, mods or whatever other Rewards we have up our sleeves in NPC shack. ;)

Players who are bakers, chefs, etc who want to bring things such as pies, brownies, cakes or whatever in Ohio have also traditionally been able to sell their wares through the Tavern by negotiating with the Tavern Keeps to do so. This is an IG Role Play session where the details of serving/commission/etc are worked out and I see no reason to curtail such things at the National.

My opinion is good food + full bellies + good plot + good friends = good event. :) (also Bug Spray doesn't hurt--)
showers + deodorant = good ride home

Back