For the sake of victim's families

*leaflets posted throughout taverns of Briarpass and this open message on the dream realm*

Citizens of Briarpass,

As the winter's chill hardens deep and the snows of winter drift high I remind you to consider your neighbors and keep them in your thoughts and offer their families warmth and comfort as you can spare it. Many a man and woman are still posted throughout our duchy in an effort to prevent further incursion. While the chill of winter has slowed the Dwarven spear, and the actions of your knights and adventuring community has struck back unrelentingly with blows of incredible force and coordination to blunt the war making capacity of our enemies. It is my hope that spring will soon see an end to this war but while we have time to reflect, I think it time, as we prepare for winter's worse, to call upon all people of this great duchy to aid the families of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our way of life.

I ask not for much, perhaps a few coppers you have layed up for the winter and I would never ask that you give you last penny. But even a few penny's from a whole town can mean a significant amount to those in need.

First of all, for each fiefdom of the duchy, I have assigned, privately, a prize. To be awarded in raffle style. Each copper donated will provide the entrant with a chance to win this special prize. In order to keep all donations of value, the adventuring community is asked to donate as though from the Tavern in Briarpass and the citizenry of that fiefdom will donate separately as a 2nd prize has been earmarked. The drawing will be held at first thaw.

Give freely and increase your odds of victory, give freely and give back to those who have increased your odds at sustaining your way of life.

Regards,

Duke Jocelyn Raash

Adventurers,

I recently asked for you all to dig deep, and dig many of you did. I spoke to David Shoemaker who spoke highly of several new faces and gave me much welcome news of old friends. With your help, we were able to raise in excess of 500 copper. This money will go to a benefit for the sake of the families of fallen soldiers and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Special Thanks to Lord Barrister Enan Blue-water and the members of his house, The Azure Keep and to Kituaren Kopanari of the Thargosian Clan for your most generous donations.

The winner will be announced privately.

My Thanks,

Duke Jocelyn Raash

Back