Forest for the Trees Event Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
REMINDER: IBGA'S ARE DUE Sunday June 23rd

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character
5. Please add your thoughts on things we need to review for the 2.0 ruleset

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews for 2.0 get you 25 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

There were lots of good moments this weekend, all of them were from the awesome RP that everyone was apart of. I was also super busy and was never board. I really liked the slap game during Chinese checkers.

Nothing, everything was good.

Insta mods. Couldn’t find a single one.

Rohnan’s eyes opened wide as Jinn shouted a command at her, “Don’t let anyone die”. Like THAT was going to be easy. The Rundenzie, large, inteligente (by a definition) rat creatures, that had be harassing them all night didn’t seem to be wanting to leave any time soon. And they were hard as **** to kill. All the frontline fighters had gone off to try and stop the rodents from harassing us further but that didn’t help with the ones who were currently swarming through the library town.

They were slowly backed into a corner, with no other options they ran into the fey forest. But it wasn’t because of her leadership that they lived, it was the quick thinking of others and shear dumb luck. Rohnan knew that she was going to have to better prepare if she was ever going to truly become a leader.

Not that I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-The mini stealth mission that Sol, Bae and myself got to have (and I guess tengu showed up). The set up for that mod was really well done,... and I remember thinking "10 minutes? That'll be no problem at all!" Turns out we got there with seconds to spare.
-After that, getting to be Rodenzi and just... ******* everyone up. Channeling is fun. Nick and I as popcorning NPCs is a bad time for the town.
-Getting a talking to from those higher up in the Sanctum. Fun roleplay!

-Two months in a row I got sick... and this time it took me out of action completely.
-Being in the wrong place at the wrong time... when I wasn't sick and dying in my bunk, I had no luck in finding anything to go on. No lairs, no instamods, and the one mod I was asked to go on, I was stopped because only 6 players.
-I wasn't there for this, but I would have been annoyed that the evening mods were derailed by the murder trial. I think (but I wasn't there, I can't say for sure!) they could have run at the same time... let the PCs handle 90% of the trial, and NPCs can do their awesome thing.

-More instamods!
-More NPCs! Not out and about, just more in monster camp period. If you haven't had a chance to have an event or more in MC, you should give it a try.
-A random idea I just had... a mini monster camp down in the south soccer field. Just 1-3 people with a few weapons/props. Can act as wandering monsters, quick response to Fae Runs, random NPCs, or eyes and ears for the stupid things PCs do out of sight.

Ruki came out of the cabin, still feeling unwell but trying. He heard Sam encouraging people to have sex with Baibh who was locked in the stocks.... Ruki turned around and went back to bed.

-Amnesia rules?

playing Chinese checkers with the fae, alchemy/potion roulette.

okay, so I wanted to give this some time before I answered because I didn't want to just dump on the game. because overall at the end of the day I really did have a good time. but... I feel like the pacing and order of events could have gone differently. I feel like while many of us wanted to participate in the murder trial, a lot of us were there because there really wasn't anything better to do at that moment. we didn't realize that we could have gone off to do other actual mods. as an example maybe we could have done Sundays fetch quest Saturday night during the trial. I feel like some of us might feel like we were all railroaded into participating or watching a spectacle when we didn't have to. so maybe had an npc just popped in for a less crucial mod to subtly indicate that while the trial was an rp choice you could participate in that you didn't have to. I find this difficult to articulate because what makes larp awesome is that a murder trial could happen and take over an evening and I would never want to take away that sort of fun for a player but at the same time its a giant world so theoretically while that was going on other things could have been happening. since that was pc run pretty much any mod could have gone off provided they didn't require specific pcs. again this is where fetch quests and such become useful as they typically have a lower NPC demand. but speaking of fetch quests if there was a subtle way to mention to pcs that hey on this one you really only need a couple of people that would be great. I know having been an npc you want to see your pcs have a good time and not feel like people don't appreciate your work. but when you have like two or three pcs doing everything and then another five or six are just essentially walking back and forth with nothing to do its frustrating. if these quests could require a team of skill sets over just whoever wants to go would be great too. I realize that can be hard to plan because you don't know who is going to come to the game but that could be a way to incourage others to take up particular skill sets.

I know this is a hard suggestion especially right now with low numbers in npc camp but, Id actually like to see more activities in the tavern, and dedicated tavern npcs . for me the tavern just feels like this empty building that we can use for whatever. I guess even if there wasn't someone in the tavern all the time maybe when Npc comes out as a townie they could pop into the tavern as a worker. that's one of the things I love about tavern nights is that the tavern feels like a tavern. Id also kind of like to see more interactive instamods.

Calan stood alone in the commons. there was a soft silence over the lux that was unusual. Calan could smell the change in the weather as the wind picked up. the rain began to fall on his face. it was warm rapid rain. the sound of each of the drops bouncing off the surfaces around him began to paint a picture in his head. he could hear the difference between the materials used to construct each of the sanctums, the houses, the tavern, for the first time in almost a year Calan could almost see the lux in its entirety.

5. Please add your thoughts on things we need to review for the 2.0 rules
for me I am always just interested in what all the different skills now do. I feel like there are skill combinations that could be ideal to build toward but I personally have no idea. I am forever unsure about what skills I should be trying to learn during an event to work toward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back