Fortress and Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cúangol

Artisan
Hi,

I understand that Prison makes one immune to pretty much everything, and that Fortress is a lesser version:

Code:
While the Fortress lasts, the target is immune
to weapon blows of 10 or less. (ARB version 1)

A few questions about Fortress:
a) I assume that you cannot be Killing Blowed, since you can move your arms a little. Right?
b) Can you be searched?
c) Can you be tickled? (I ask because some goblins were trying to tickle me with their swords in my last fortress...)
d) Can someone else cast a scroll which is attached to you?
e) Can you put your arms together, if they are not crossed? (E.g. to cover up said scroll)
f) Will a Magic Armor go off if you are hit by something swinging 10 or under? Or does the Fortress block it first?
g) Can one touchcast spells on themselves using a scroll? (I heard "yes", but I understand that one cannot use a potion...)
h) Can you be sitting while in a fortress? Or play dead with feet on the ground and arms against a tree?

Thanks!
Patrick

To add a question:

i) Assuming I've read the Massive rules correctly, if you have a Fortress active and are hit for 5 Massive, you take 5 damage and still have an active Fortress, yes?

Upvote 0
A - correct. Fwiw, you can move your torso, even.
B - In as much someone can come up as say "I search you".... but you can as easily say "I don't let you". And other players should not be physically searching you, unless you choose to allow them to.
C - In a roleplaying kind of way, sure. In a physical contact sort of way, again, not unless you really want to let them. There are no rules for how you have to react to a roleplaying tickle, though.
D - If you choose to allow physical contact (so they can touch it with a packet), and they can see the scroll, etc., sure.
E - Sure.
F - Yes, the Magic Armor will go off.
G - Sure, as long as all rules for Fortress are otherwise followed.
H - Sure, if you can swing it. Note that Fortress is not listed as a visible effect, so as far as the rules seem to suggest, you couldn't even be asked if you were under a visible Fortress.
I - yes.

JP
Seattle & Oregon Marshal

Upvote 0
From the Fortress description:

"Any body damage breaks the Fortress" - page 120

I would say if you take body damage from that 5 Massive, the Fortress breaks per the spell description. If not (goes to armor, blows your Shield spell), then you wouldn't as long as you maintain the physical requirements for the spell. I think in this case, Fortress' rules would override the Massive suggestion that "you take damage but the protection/spell doesn't go away". I think the implied end of that sentence is, "unless it otherwise would per individual spell descriptions.

-Adam
See sig.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back