Front Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aclodava

Artisan
A covered cart bearing the Earth Weaver's guild crest trundles up to the front enterance of the Arcance Sanctum. Surrounded by the Home Guard and Commander Dunbow, it is an odd sight to see here.

Thankfully, the storm seems to be passing and the rain is letting up.

Re: Front Enterance

Calling a Sgt over, "Spread the word among the street, the King is fine no harm has come to him. It was only a small accident, not an attack. Re-assure the people everything is alright."

Looking at the Fatespinner, "Let's hurry and get him safe inside, before people start gathering and gaulking." Looking over at a Cpl. "Form a wall, keep lookers away."

Nadja hopes down out of the cart, making room for the King's stretcher to be accessed so the King can be carried inside. She stands nearby waiting to follow the King and the Fatespinner inside.

The gathering throng of onlookers continues to grow despite the Home Guard's presence and insistence. Curiosity along with panic fuel the crowd into a near riot.

As the doors open to the Arcane Sanctum a host of Adeptus Majors and lower ranks push the throng back. Suddenly the deafening roar of Magi Farr'Shen quiets the crowd into silence "ENOUGH!" he roars "BE GONE PESANTS!" he growls to another member who wears heavy plate armour "WarMages and Celestial Armsman, remove this rabble from our steps so that we may see to His Majesty." Without another word the Celestial Vanguard moves in formation using magic and arms to push the crowd back further than the Home Guard were able, fear of celestial fire motivating the crowd to disperse.

Magi Farr'Shen looks to the rest of the Earthweavers and Home Guard. "Please, enter the Sanctum. The King should be taken the floor below the ArchMage's Chambers. Commander Dunbow and the King are already invested into the Ward of that room. Fatespinner, you and your entourage will have to be invested in the Ward to allow ease of access. Only those you trust the most will be allowed access though, so choose wisely. Magi Rhialto will meet you there to invest your Weavers" His eyes burrow deep into the spirit of Zanthia, making sure she understands just how rare of an event this is. To her recollection, no Earth Caster has ever been invested into any Ward or Circle within these walls.

The two healers who carried the king's stretcher out of the castle climb out of the covered cart and carefully lift King Ulric out, handing him off to two waiting gaurds who hurry him inside the proctective walls of the Arcane Sanctum.

Zanthia gives instructions to the driver to take the healers back to the Earth Weaver's enclave and bring Master Quynn back with him as quickly as possible. The healers are already back inthe cart and the driver snaps the reigns, taking the cart away down the road. (Continued here: http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=16853&p=170675#p170675)

Zanthia approches the lion, her own eyes fierce, despite the need to look up him, "Magi Farr'Shen, thank-you for meeting us. It is my duty to ensure the health of our King. Only Master Quynn, my mentor and Fatespinner before me, would I trust to share this duty and have summoned her here. As these commands come from the Arch Mage, I would expect no less from you. Now, if we are finished dispensing curtisies, Nadja and I have important information for Az'Caine." Not looking back, she walks around him and into the Sanctum, keeping close to the king and knowing Nadja will as well.

Giving a nod to Magi Farr'Shen, "Now that the King is safe in the Arcane Sactum's care, I'll head back to the castle and oversee that things are being cleaned up and that nothing goes missing during the confusion."

Magi Farr'Shen looks to his ranking WarMage "Allistair, take a few squads and get Rhialto to release another 20 bookworms to help secure the Castle. Grab Ward and Wizard Lock scrolls and get to securing the perimeter and whatever else the Commander needs. Follow his orders as if they were mine. When he is confident the area is secure, he will release you back to the Sanctum. MOVE!"

Magi Farr'Shen turns to the Commander, nods and then follows the Earth Weavers into the Arcane Sanctum.

The King awakes in a dark and unfamiliar place.

Warily looking around he sees and hears no one. Slowly he rasises his head and eases himself to the floor.

The room is small and sparsly furnished. a drinking water decanter and tin cup are on the small table beside a comfortable and
well appointed bed.

Ulric sniffs the water and takes a small taste on his tounge. Tasting no poison and nothing unfamiliar he drains the pitcher in one long chug.

Thirst somewhat satiated he moves to the door and listens intently for a long while. hearing only the breathing and mumbling of the gurads placed in the hall, the King begins to search the room in earnest. Seeing a small window he makes his way to it and eases the shutters open.

No more than a bolt hole really, the window is barely wide enough to slip through. But the King has many talents...

The wall is not an easy climb to make. Ulric is tired and hasn't eaten much these last few months/weeks/days. But damned if he'll let that stop him
from returning to his one true love......

like a shadow on the wall the King slips past the guards at the Sanctum and into the night.

The wagon pulls up in front of the Arcane Sanctum and Quynn steps out. The Sanctum was unusually empty, but that is only to be expected she thought as they passed a large number of WarMages and lower ranking Sanctum members marching towards the palace.

"Thank you young man" she says to the driver before turning and heading in the Arcane Sanctum to find Zanthia, Farr'Shen or the Arch Mage to see what is required of her.

Magi Rhialto meets the Earth Weaver's entourage within minutes of arriving at the King's room. He quickly casts several Lesser Investments to allow them to enter and exit the room on their own accord for the next few days.

Entering the room he dismisses the Arcane Sanctum members that brought the King to the room and moves towards him. Noticing the King is fidgeting and sweating he turns to the Fatespinner and Nadja. "He should be resting comfortably. This room is enchanted for just that purpose. Please see if you can calm him down, either by healing or alchemical means."

Not waiting for an answer the Magi moves to Ulric's right hand and begins to study the Ring. it sits upon his pinky, a massive emerald encircled by many diamonds. He pulls takes out a parchment and quill from the nightstand next to the King's bed and begins to draw a replica of the ring as quickly and accurately as possible. He digs through his bag to find his jewellers' eyepiece to study each stone carefully. He tries not to touch the Ring or the King, fear of another incident fresh in his mind.

As soon as he is done his examination, the nods to the Fatespinner and Nadja to attend to the King. Without saying another word he exits the room and makes his way to the massive Library of the Sanctum.

continued here: viewtopic.php?f=222&t=15258&p=170927#p170927

Nadja steps forward and taking an elixir vial out of her bag she gently opens the King's mouth and pours it in "This sleep elixir has been concentrated, it will last for a few hours." Within a few seconds the King's thrashing subsides some and he begins to rest more comfortably.

Taking out her small travelling crystal ball, Nadja next places it on the King's forehead and begins to concentrate. After a few moments, she looks up and removes the crystal ball from the king putting it back into her bag.

"Well Zanthia, it seems that they King is having a very powerful dream. He dreams currently of making his way through the city towards someone, his true love as it seems whom he can't stand to be parted from. This compulsion to leave is quite strong. I suggest we ask one of the Magi if there is a way to prevent the King from leaving through the window, a ward he isn't invested in perhaps, as well as post guards on the doors, it is likely that this desire to leave will continue over once he is awake and we can't have him escape."

Smoothing the blankets, Nadja moves over to the small desk in the room, sits down and pulls out her book again to read until Az'Caine arrives and they can bring him up to speed on what she has found.

"Of course, the last thing we need is Ulric disappering on us. In this state there's no telling what he will do. I will continue to keep him asleep for now, but that's by no means a permanent solution."

Zanthia drags a chair over to Ulric's bedside and sitting, waits for Az'Caine.

A messenger wearing the mark of the Earthweavers enters the building. He walks up to the desk and hands the sealed parchment to the attendant. It bears the Fatespinner's seal and the name of the archmage.

Mar slips inside nodding to the arcane casters he passes on his way to the library stopping at the librarians desk he carefully turns over his weapons "if you wouldn't mind helping me i'm looking for books on the meaning of symbols potentially ancient ones" he says softly.

Aclodava said:
A messenger wearing the mark of the Earthweavers enters the building. He walks up to the desk and hands the sealed parchment to the attendant. It bears the Fatespinner's seal and the name of the archmage.

The elderly attendant looks to the seal and then to the messenger. "Oh, of course" she begins "I will see this sent up to the ArchMage right away." She motions to the nearest Page. "you there. Take this to the ArchMage with all haste." The child's eyes light up with excitement. He sprints to the stairs and bounds up them as if his pants were on fire!

The attendant shakes her head slowly "ah, the vigors of youth. That climb would take me the better part of a week!" She waves away the messenger with her hand and motions for the next person in line to step forward.

Mechtofd said:
Mar slips inside nodding to the arcane casters he passes on his way to the library stopping at the librarians desk he carefully turns over his weapons "if you wouldn't mind helping me i'm looking for books on the meaning of symbols potentially ancient ones" he says softly.

"All symbols have meanings." one of the Sanctum members remarks. "You will need to go to the Southwest Spire. The Great Library is there. As you are a member of the Home Guard, you will have a bit more access than just anyone wandering in off the street. Speak to the Lore Master of the Spire, Ixit. He should be able to direct you to the Library section that may help a bit." he points to the massive archway that leads to the Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back