g4 underground

Incidentally for any and all's knowladge if you search "Alliance larp" on wikipedia anyone can edit any page/information there in keeping with the idea of a wiki. :)

I thought they wouldn't let you edit it if you're the subject of it... since my name is in it, I thought I couldn't edit it. Otherwise I'd make my own Wiki page for me!

Fearless Leader said:
I hope everyone in the Alliance saw the show on G4 Underground tonight -- we've been discussing it in the HQ Board but it's sure to help all our chapters!
Unfortunately I missed it. But I am very happy that Alliance got the air time. And show how much fun LARP can be. Where as supposedly MTV wants to show the stereotype side of LARP. Or so someone supposedly representing MTV advertised on shades larp list. Which I think is sad. Anyways Congrats on the video.

You can still see it for $2 from itunes! :)

I think that version got taken down pretty quick... :?

Yanno, if you can't afford the $2 from iTunes and the 5 minutes to set up the account and all of that - I think that you should look about wasting such precious time and money on LARPing... ;)

The beauty of having it on a site like YouTube is you can show people who don't LARP what our game is all about. I already had a few friends watch it show some interest in at least coming up to NPC. I don't know if that will actually happen, but I'm willing to bet some people would watch that and think, "I want to do that." These are people who wouldn't have watched it they had to pay $2 first. Most of us obviously have no issue dropping a couple bucks on this.

markusdark said:
Yanno, if you can't afford the $2 from iTunes and the 5 minutes to set up the account and all of that - I think that you should look about wasting such precious time and money on LARPing... ;)

Why pay when I can get it for free and not break any laws.

Gee-Perwin said:
The beauty of having it on a site like YouTube is you can show people who don't LARP what our game is all about. I already had a few friends watch it show some interest in at least coming up to NPC. I don't know if that will actually happen, but I'm willing to bet some people would watch that and think, "I want to do that." These are people who wouldn't have watched it they had to pay $2 first. Most of us obviously have no issue dropping a couple bucks on this.

there is however the idea that a person may not want to instal an invasive program like Itunes on their machine.
bill

I've never heard itunes referred too as an invasive program before... :?

really??

I love itunes but it is one invasive POS. Any time you try to do anything with mp3 files it wants to update. If you ever make something else your default audio player it also has a conniption, not to mention it eats more resources than some video 3D renderers.

In those cases you just need to smack it... ;)

I duno, I'm a PC user for life, but I love itunes and have used it for years without complaint. Not to mention their music store I find fantastic. I mean if you just want the episode, one option is to get itunes, download, covert the movie to some other filetype and then un-install it.

And dont ever try to get rid of it. Unless you like hand editing your registry.

I think sometimes my laptop is suffering from separation anxiety.

yeah you really can't uninstall itunes. it leaves so much behind after uninstall its not even funny. it will be prompting you to reinstall it within hours of the uninstall. Especially if you still have QT installed. Don't get me wrong though, as far as music organizing goes i think its a top notch program. Its just a bit of a jerk sometimes. In which case i concur with David.

Dreamingfurther said:
In those cases you just need to smack it... ;)
:lol:

Back