Gathering of houses

The last gathering of houses went reasonably well, though less information was exchanged then I think could have been.
Due to the significant time since the last gathering and due to recent developments in nearby baronies, I believe it may be time to convene another. Is there interest in co-ordinating a meeting of house leaders for the exchange of information?
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

This should be done, it has been far to long sense the last one happened

Respectfully

I don't know if I will be able to attend, I never know what might come up from moment to moment demanding my attention. However, if this occurs and I am not present I would greatly appreciate someone coming to my office soon after said meeting and giving me an update on things discussed and how I can help with whatever issues need dealing with.

Indeed I would be most delighted, we could have said gathering at my abode, should all the details be attended to. I look forward to seeing you all soon...

Kerjal,

This is an excellent idea. As you noted, while there was less information exchanged at the last such meeting than there might have been, if nothing else it gives a good idea of how things are going in the area in general. Please let me know when you have a specific time set up.

-Polare

Excellent, I am glad there is enthusiasm about this.
Krieger, thank you for the offer to host. I would have offered initially, but as land has been purchased around the adventurer's quarter, I have found it more and more difficult to find a place to park my Vardo nearby. My preference for location is really only limited to a space that is large enough to seat everyone comfortably and is (or can be made) free of distractions.

That said, it is not my intention to exclude people from attendance, but as we have each seen on many occasions, the more people that are involved, the less productive the meeting will be. I would prefer that there only be one or two participants per house, as necessary. I recommend setting the meeting for a Saturday morning/noon. There is frequently a lull of activity in the morning and I feel it would be best to take advantage of it. This formula worked reasonably well last time, and I don't see any reason that it shouldn't be repeated.

To date, the participants that I am aware of are:
Myself and/or Triana
Polare and/or a Second (Avaran/Alavatar?)
Krieger and/or a Second
Dalynn and/or Kiarra
Tanis and/or a Second
Solomon and/or his Deputy

The offer is open to other houses to attend, and specifically extended to someone from Eli's house and someone from Shikar's house, and potentially a Fuzzy Mug. It is my understanding that we may have visitors from other lands in the area fairly soon, and if there is a house that is particularly well represented, they are welcome to send a speaker (or listener, as the case may be) as well.
As before, I would ask that titles and whatnot be checked at the door. My intention is to call together 'adventuring' houses, and not guilds and nobles. While both groups may be important to protecting a city or country in their own way, there is a significant difference in approach and execution between the two.

Finally, please bring information to share. There is frequently a tendency to horde information, but this has created problems in the past which we would prefer to circumvent by having these meetings. There are Dark Dwarves, tainted wine, Elementals, Earth-hating Baronies, and a host of other problems to discuss, so we should have no shortage of topics.

~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

I have only been in this land for a short time, so information from me is small, but who knowes, I might have a few things here or there that might serve usefull.

Tanis

Back