Gavaria: Toil and Trouble Favorites!

koremorleth

Another amazing event is in the books! Tell us down below, what were your favorite moments? Here are some of mine!
  • Being kidnapped to go to the Aetheric Crossroads for the first time (Reign is absolutely terrifying)
  • Questing for vials of Strigoi blood to storm the Protean Retreat
  • RP with Cara Bancroft (I'm pretty sure she's now actually my friend..... besties for real now????)
  • heart to heart chats with Leanne when I had to take an anxiety break during the Baykok town mod
  • The Proscribe ritual. The utter satisfaction I felt when Clarissa saw her dead son. The gifts I left behind so she knows that it was me, Calliope, with the help of Roff who trapped her inside. It's gonna have consequences, but I'm very pleased. Claire absolutely killed it in both RP and combat, as per usual.
  • Cambridge walking into the tavern Saturday evening, giving me the biggest hug, picking me up and spinning me around shouting "I'M FREE" and meanwhile I'm like, that's amazing but free from what now? Then seeing the moment Cambridge decked Thomas Miranda through a mind link, then seeing it again, at the same time from both Euthymia and Cambridge
  • Aiden, as always. Especially in the aftermath of Clahadore's death.
  • heart-to-heart talk with Glenn after the Protean Retreat mod. If Korē ever finds her dad, she hopes she's a lot like him.
  • Aicha, I truly think of you as a sister and a best friend. Let's kick some Wraithlord butt in October!
  • Alexander, thank you for everything you said Saturday night. I love having you around
  • Calliope casting a sacrifice on my spirit for me, and just everything else about her
  • FINCH! I loved PCing with you, Briar and I'm so excited to continue!!! ilysm buddy

Let's see those favorites!

I enjoy it all, and I was there when cambridge decked Thomas Miranda and it was great.
The town mods were so awesome to do.

I had a lot of fun this event! So many things- Watching the Brand New and Newer/ish PCs really start to click with their card abilities and figure out their niche on the battlefield. Really proud and excited to see so many of you blossoming with your characters! I’m sure I’m missing people, but I’ll try to name a few:
  • Aravia, made such great strides with knowing when to heal/buff, and when to attack/repel undead!
  • Carina, making a lot of really solid-in-the-moment decisions with spells/skills, positioning, and communicating the flow of battle
  • Spinner, really holding their own and contributing in highly impactful ways to support in combat despite being styled as a “Parlor/RP” character and not being speced for fights at all
  • York, making the most of his consumables, and getting those quick swings in
  • Rex, really figuring out when to sneak up from behind and lay in some attacks on detached enemies
  • Tabran keep us updated with what’s happening in our blind spots
  • Finch getting those parries in!
The planning and organization of the Town Mod into smaller teams by Kazamyr was great!

The Support Team was fantastic- you guys stuck together with me, followed our strategy, tag-teamed and communicated with each other, defended our battle lines, moved as a group, all the way until the end. Thank you for allowing me to lead such a talented and diligent group like all of you!

Watching Franz and Kazamyr and others make the call to use our trump card when **** really hit the fan- so intense!

The New PC Mod with Pyra and Ashyl- really neat way of incorporating so many plot elements into it and helping connect the New PCs to the greater story line. Loved the ritual that created the Suppress Magic scroll!

The Call to Ages Past ritual with Nathaniel was super neat- discovering the lore and method to restore people to life in Passwall- sounds like a really exciting plot line connecting lot of different characters in a group effort!

Dram, in smug matter-of-fact voice: *“That’s a Limited Circle”*
BeansZombo, in sly-smooth-talker voice: *“But, like, I was walk’n, you know?”*

Atradimas and Adlao twinning their flirt interests haha.

Juan Bebidas! Just an all-around spectacle of a guy! Adlao is still convinced that he is an illustrious adventurer

Lord TaxMan McTaxerson- This guy. Coming for Mrow like that was brilliant. Adlao got sooo much back up from other PCs and general Daybright- thank you everyone who came in swinging!

Vine mod prep was really cool- so much good information and careful preparation by Triska. Seeing Cookie rageout was awesome haha. And fighting alongside The Brothers is always a fun time.

Listening in on and supporting the Troll etiquette mod- the combination of Atradimas, Sam and Tuli with Daphne was peak hilariousness

Secrets

I appreciate all the NPCs who were gunning to kill Adlao haha.

Seeing Merchant’s Row bustling with commerce and hanging outs! You merchants gave so much life to that space with your set ups and wares- I hope everyone enjoyed what they had to offer, and that all of you made some good coin! Cambridge’s flavorful brews, Spinner’s Hug in a cup, that life-saving Massage from Finch, Cookie’s Cake

I really loved the Music in the Tavern- thank you for layering such ambiance unto the place Carina!

Lastly, thank you to everyone who helped with dishes!

Most are on the discord! But I’ll repeat some:

1. Wardens taking Company members in a mod to have us spend our efforts in a wine cellar.

2. My shop!

3. Purple number go up!!!!!

4. Tuli being Tuli. And wondering if I was going to hear a Gavarian General ask to “take it outside” for trying to go on the blood…

5. Troll etiquette! Daphne is fabulous !

6. Starting a renown path

Reposting from discord:

I am so wildly sore. My god. My bones are on fire. Worth it. I had an absolute blast- in no particular order:
  • Playing a Baykok is so much fun. The mark ones are wild- high risk high reward and most importantly, the ability to keep a ton of players engaged and entertained.
  • Getting to see the coordination of so many players from the other side- so many of y'all have great tactics on the field!
  • Running the lab mod. Loved playing Dr. Elowen Vale- "What are you doing in town?" "Oh, out of a preponderance of caution, I thought it best not to be anywhere near my lab." "....please elaborate". Seeing PCs figure out the specifics of how to beat the constructs was cool- getting the implementation of it just right brought it from "This is insane" to "we've got this" and it was so neat to see.
  • The trial mod. From a mod writing perspective, I think that's one of the best ones I've ever been a part of. Even knowing what all the beats were going to be I was so personally invested in it. Playing the sleazebag Thomas Miranda was a blast- building up the seething -hate- from PCs so the eventual humbling of him would be that much better. @Marcus did an amazing job as the prosecution- absolutely had me penned in. Y'all were clearly PREPARED for this.
  • After the trial, seeing @Margrave Auryn | Rynn at the monster camp door grinning ear to ear and saying "ROWAN! We've been granted permission to CHASE YOU!".
  • Great vibes and good times in NPC camp. One of my favorite things about being on that side of the fence is the sheer energy from NPCs, chatting with people in down time and getting to know people on an out of game level that can be a lot harder as a PC.
  • Sarvey Safe Passage. Incredible.
  • Running mods! Terrifying! Out of my comfort zone! Love being challenged in new ways and putting my brain on new tasks. Gunna build this skill.

You have what it takes to make a great mod Rowan keep it up you'll do just fine

Back