Glasses/Spectacles?

Torgrim

Hello!

I am new to LARP and have very little in the way of attire (aside from some basic tunic/peasant clothes), but that is not the main issue I am here to discuss. My main concern as of right now is that I wear glasses, and would prefer not to wear contacts. I know the Alliance allows glasses, but for me I would love to do my best to look in character without giving up my eyesight or moving to contacts.

Does anyone out there know of a place to purchase prescription "ye olde" looking glasses? I could buy some like these or these on ebay, but I don't know if I can have my prescription put in them or not.

I'd like to go dwarf if that matters, really I'm just looking for any advice on wearing glasses which actually look like they fit in with the game and where I can find/purchase them and whatnot while still retaining my prescription.

I'm also curious what sorts of glasses someone would most like to see on someone else to keep immersion for that person's character?

Most people ive seen either do contacts or just use their regular glasses and avoid funky frames, just one of those things they need to get around so people just let it go and thats fine. But if you really want to do something with your eyewear, really anything with a fantasy or very simply 'Not immediately screaming modern' is probably going to be fine. Your findings on ebay could work out great if they have your perscription, but you could do things like- scratch up your frames and maybe ad a little leather?

-maybe modify a pair of existing perscription into something like this http://www.icollector.com/Vintage-Work-Military-Glasses-w-Leather-GO5HT_i15591499

Honestly, glasses don't break character. I never notice players wearing their glasses. Safety is our primary concern. If you are unsafe by not wearing your glasses, you should be wearing your glasses, fashion be damned :p

Back