Goodbye

This is goodbye.

My body just turned to ash, watching Maxwell play Paralysis Puppet Theater with Pyke. Before my spirit went off to work for the Platinum Dragon, Pyrothraxis, I needed to send one last message.

First, to Grand Councilor Cole... you were the father I never had. I know I disappointed you at times, and I'm sorry. I hope you can understand why I made this sacrifice. I would not have understood what it is to honor an oath if not for you. I honor your father's memory by passing his spear to my last apprentice, Terra Jane.

Jehan - where to begin... we fought side by side all over, in multiple parts of Fortannis, on multiple planes of existence. I will forever treasure our time together. Thank you for helping me become a better spellcaster, a better formalist, a better man. I can never repay you for all you have done for me.

King Talon of Gaden, long may you reign - thank you for showing me that the sacrifice I made to free you from the Corrupt was worth it.

Adventurers of Gaden - Stay strong - your freedom from the Corrupt comes closer every day. After the permanent wither, it became near impossible to make it through the mists. I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help you in your struggle. Stay strong, and you will overcome.

Brotherhood... first - Ser Siril has all the scrolls and a bunch of other stuff for you guys from me. Thank you for accepting me as one of your own when no one would. I treasured your friendship and shenanigans. Thank you. Oh - and if you ever meet a guy named Pyke - he's fantastic to use for Paralysis Puppet Theater, and Maxwell is REALLY good at helping to pose people. Kael, Vexx, Keeper... thank you.

Shadow's Light... thank you for everything. Gandian, you're one of my oldest friends. I'm sorry I had to go, but I know you would understand. Kitauren, you were my first apprentice. I am so proud of what you've become. Remember to be always true to yourself, and true to your family.

Some of you, I said goodbye to in person... Enan... Liddia... Eldandiril... thank you.

Prince Grimlock... thank you for the pardons.

I know I'm forgetting people... I'm sorry... my memory is already fading...

We stopped him... we stopped Kaz'ik... and that alone makes this worth it.

Goodbye.

Eric Marsters
Apprentice of Pyrothraxis, the Platinum Dragon
Brother of The Brotherhood

Eric,

You fueled your short life with so much Willpower that you often terrified me. But, in the end, it seems you accomplished your goal, and my fears were misguided. You are a Dragon Mage, and a hero to your kingdom.

We walked many paths together you and I. We were not always allies, we argued, we competed, we even fought a few times. I will choose to remember the totality of it, not simply the greatness of magic, of creativity, of uncompromising loyalty to your friends. To do anything less would be to lessen the impact your life had on all of us.

I regret that I will never get to shake your hand and thank you for everything you did to make me who I am now. I learned as much about magic from you as I taught you. More importantly, I learned as much about many things because you challenged me so much and so damned often you almost drove me crazy. I suspect you already knew that.

Sincerely,

Jehan Wyldweaver
Lord of Storms Rest
Lifestorm Founder

Back