Greetings

A

Anonymous

My name is Sheverin Tong-Xi I am a Twilight Elf and Hail from the Lands of Caldaria. It seems the the path to enlightenment is drawing me to your fair lands. I have had several reoccuring dreams of a far distant land and believe I shall arrive there through the mists in Febuary. This has happened to me before and so with great anricipation I send you greetings. I will have items for trade and sale and will also be interested in purchasing things from your merchants and adventuring folk. I do have some questions for you as well.

!. What is the customary way to greet a Noble and how are they Recognized?

2. Are there any liscenses required to sell items?

3. Are there any taxes of purchase/sold items?

4. Do you have a tavern and what are the costs of meals?

5. Is there lodging available and can said lodging be warded? At what cost?

6. Is it required that a Noble be invested in said ward?

7. What are the current prices for potions/scrolls/armor/alchemy/components
both the usuall purchase price and the going sale price.

8. Any other information that may be of use to a stranger in your lands would be appreciated

May the path to enlightenment be interesting and enjoyable

Greetings Sheverin!

I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. This is not a question so easily answered in brief. I will try to put together a bit of information on this for you.

2. If your transactions total no more than 5 gold pieces each you may legally sell your wares with the purchase of a Vendolo's license from the local Anagraph. If you wish to sell higher valued items you must retain a shop here and purchase a Merchant's License, or find a local merchant who is willing to act as a broker for your goods.

3. There is a tax on income and on guilds collected yearly, but I do not believe the Ducato taxes purchases at this time.

4. There are several taverns in the area; those inclined towards the adventurous lifestyle tend to gather at Lorenzo's tavern, which is currently being staffed by goodman Evad. You should direct inquiries regarding pricing of his goods to him.

5. Lorenzo used to rent rooms behind the tavern for a price, though I am not sure if those are available any longer. You might check the Adventurer's Quarter for a place to set up temporary lodging. As far as wards go, Lorenzo used to allow wards with the purchase of five days' lodging; I am not sure what conditions may be required should you go elsewhere.

6. This, to my knowledge, has never been required.

7. This really depends on who you go to. If you seek fair prices for purchasing goods I suggest the Earth Guild for potions, the Brotherhood of the Star for scrolls, Taran's Supply Shop for Alchemy, and Kauss' shop for goods of a martial nature.

8. I'll see what I can come up with.

In any case, safe travels.

Greetings, Sheverin Tong-Xi.

It is always good to hear from those in far-off lands. The visits of others are always good opportunities for trade and converse. Might I inquire, if you do not mind answering, whether you believe your visit might be for the purpose of business or pleasure?

I would be happy to answer your questions as best I might. First, those in positions of authority here do not necessarily have insignia, but there are many of us here who would be happy to point them out to you. There are several positions which deserve proper honorifics. Those you are most likely to meet would be members of the Guardi (addressed as 'Guarde' or 'Guarda'), the local Sindaci (the honorable Giuliano Savelli, addressed as 'Sindaco') and possibly one or more Conti (addressed as My Dominio Conte or My Dominio Contessa). There are also several Cavilieri around (addressed as 'Ono' or 'Ona'), the equivalent of a Knighthood in most lands. And of course there is always the possibility of meeting someone of other rank, but those I list above are whom you are most likely to meet.

There are indeed licenses required if you wish to peddle items in Crocevia Fatuae. This is easily obtained for a small fee; the simpler license allows trade in items whose worth is 5 gold or less, while the greater license allows trade in any item (which of course must be legal to trade).

Owners of said licenses must keep books and pay yearly taxes on their sales.

We do indeed have a tavern. Perhaps the owner or his esteemed manager might speak up about the cost of meals and drink.

There are several cabins which have been built for the local adventuring population, as well as houses which are owned by one person or another and possibly available for rent. In addition, the tavern has rooms available. The cabins may be warded at no cost so long as the arrangement is legal (although you may need to pay someone to ward it for you; there are several of us who would be willing to do so). Note that Limited or Greater Circles of Protection will require a writ.

Current prices vary widely. There are several well-known merchants in the area; Kauss is normally acknowledged as the preeminent general goods merchant of the area, while the Earth Guild sells potions and there are a variety of lesser merchants around. As far as I know I am the only person to make and sell scrolls in any quantity, although the Brotherhood of the Star might also do so. Prices normally cycle around about double the cost to make one of these items. Components are much more expensive here than they go for in Caldaria, Moria or Ashbury; paying 3 to 5 gold per component is not uncommon.

I would be happy to answer other questions you might have, and should be around to welcome you to Dagliano.

-Polare Lissenstine
Dagliano Ambassador to the Shar'tha
Rythian Ambassador
Ambassador of the Vale

It appears the illustrious Guildmaster Shikar (whose titles are as numerous as the Stars of his brotherhood) answered while I was coming up with my response. Shikar, I meant not to tread on your toes when responding, and I apologize if my reply seems a bit pedantic coming right after yours.

-Polare

Well met

Polare Lissenstine said:
Greetings, Sheverin Tong-Xi.

It is always good to hear from those in far-off lands. The visits of others are always good opportunities for trade and converse. Might I inquire, if you do not mind answering, whether you believe your visit might be for the purpose of business or pleasure?

I would be happy to answer your questions as best I might. First, those in positions of authority here do not necessarily have insignia, but there are many of us here who would be happy to point them out to you. There are several positions which deserve proper honorifics. Those you are most likely to meet would be members of the Guardi (addressed as 'Guarde' or 'Guarda'), the local Sindaci (the honorable Giuliano Savelli, addressed as 'Sindaco') and possibly one or more Conti (addressed as My Dominio Conte or My Dominio Contessa). There are also several Cavilieri around (addressed as 'Ono' or 'Ona'), the equivalent of a Knighthood in most lands. And of course there is always the possibility of meeting someone of other rank, but those I list above are whom you are most likely to meet.

There are indeed licenses required if you wish to peddle items in Crocevia Fatuae. This is easily obtained for a small fee; the simpler license allows trade in items whose worth is 5 gold or less, while the greater license allows trade in any item (which of course must be legal to trade).

Owners of said licenses must keep books and pay yearly taxes on their sales.

We do indeed have a tavern. Perhaps the owner or his esteemed manager might speak up about the cost of meals and drink.

There are several cabins which have been built for the local adventuring population, as well as houses which are owned by one person or another and possibly available for rent. In addition, the tavern has rooms available. The cabins may be warded at no cost so long as the arrangement is legal (although you may need to pay someone to ward it for you; there are several of us who would be willing to do so). Note that Limited or Greater Circles of Protection will require a writ.

Current prices vary widely. There are several well-known merchants in the area; Kauss is normally acknowledged as the preeminent general goods merchant of the area, while the Earth Guild sells potions and there are a variety of lesser merchants around. As far as I know I am the only person to make and sell scrolls in any quantity, although the Brotherhood of the Star might also do so. Prices normally cycle around about double the cost to make one of these items. Components are much more expensive here than they go for in Caldaria, Moria or Ashbury; paying 3 to 5 gold per component is not uncommon.

I would be happy to answer other questions you might have, and should be around to welcome you to Dagliano.

-Polare Lissenstine
Dagliano Ambassador to the Shar'tha
Rythian Ambassador
Ambassador of the Vale

If I may I shall address you as Ambassador Lissenstine.

To answer your question I never really know what the purposes of the mists have in store for me, only that they take me where they will and I learn what I must as I travel so I am prepared for both business and pleasure.

Thank you for your information and I look forward to meeting you soon.

I will also add here that I am an Earth caster and am capable of spell crafting and casting of formal magics and my skills will be at the services of those in need.

Should you require a place to rest your head, the Earth Guild has beds available. It is generally only half warded, as both myself and the nobility of Dagliano believe that warding the whole building defeats the purpose of a place of sanctuary. Should there be many personages requiring beds from the Guild's halls, however, I will more than likely extend those protections to the whole building.

My thanks

Diera said:
Should you require a place to rest your head, the Earth Guild has beds available. It is generally only half warded, as both myself and the nobility of Dagliano believe that warding the whole building defeats the purpose of a place of sanctuary. Should there be many personages requiring beds from the Guild's halls, however, I will more than likely extend those protections to the whole building.

Guild Mostress

My humble thanks for your offer and I would be pleased and honored to stay in the Guild.

My oppoligies

Shikar al'Basteua said:
Greetings Sheverin!

I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. This is not a question so easily answered in brief. I will try to put together a bit of information on this for you.

2. If your transactions total no more than 5 gold pieces each you may legally sell your wares with the purchase of a Vendolo's license from the local Anagraph. If you wish to sell higher valued items you must retain a shop here and purchase a Merchant's License, or find a local merchant who is willing to act as a broker for your goods.

3. There is a tax on income and on guilds collected yearly, but I do not believe the Ducato taxes purchases at this time.

4. There are several taverns in the area; those inclined towards the adventurous lifestyle tend to gather at Lorenzo's tavern, which is currently being staffed by goodman Evad. You should direct inquiries regarding pricing of his goods to him.

5. Lorenzo used to rent rooms behind the tavern for a price, though I am not sure if those are available any longer. You might check the Adventurer's Quarter for a place to set up temporary lodging. As far as wards go, Lorenzo used to allow wards with the purchase of five days' lodging; I am not sure what conditions may be required should you go elsewhere.

6. This, to my knowledge, has never been required.

7. This really depends on who you go to. If you seek fair prices for purchasing goods I suggest the Earth Guild for potions, the Brotherhood of the Star for scrolls, Taran's Supply Shop for Alchemy, and Kauss' shop for goods of a martial nature.

8. I'll see what I can come up with.

In any case, safe travels.

It seems that my response to your answers got lost in the dream world. So again

My humble thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting all of you!

Back