Gypsies origins and accents

Ben

I am thinking about playing a Gypsie rogue and I was wondering if it would be acceptable to play an English Traveler (sometimes called "Pikeys") instead of a Rom. I'm shooting for a Gypsie from an extremely impoverished clan who, though very much a Gypsy, is a little more coarse in dress and personality than the standard Roma. This is my first character. I really appreciate any and all advice even if the answer winds up being "Nope, can't do that." :ugeek:

While most players have opted to go with being "romani" as an in-game cultural name, and most race packets refer to them as such, it's not necessarily required. You could easily be a Pikey, but you will always be held to the basic rules of the race: must dress in bright colors, be larger than life, and have an accent.

Yes you can...unless there is something in the Local history that goes against that....you should check with youre local plot team......I know in CT, they have a written history for Gypsies that are Parkies....I have one on the books.. :D

Back