Hammish returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontneednoname

Marshal
Hamish saunters into Parson's Breach, his long journey at an end. A satisfied smile spread across his face.

He hears a jingling coming from the marketplace..."Ahh, Nadja must be in her tent. I wonder if the bonny wee lass will be willing to help me".

Entering the marketplace, he spots her at her alchemy table.

"Nadja lass! I have an important message to send. I need the services of a scribe I can trust, and I've never had a reason to not trust you. Would you be willing to write something for me?"

Nadja looks up from her alchemy table at Hamish and smiles.

"Welcome back Hamish! I trust your journey went well, you look happy at least. I would be happy to write a note for you. Come to my table, I will gather my writing tools and you can tell me what it is you wish to say".

She enters her tent, removes a piece of parchment, a pot of ink and a quill from her stores and sits down at her table. Dipping the end of her quill into the ink, she waits for Hamish to enter the tent and begin.

Entering Nadja's tent, he sits down across from her at the table.

"Ok, let me start"

"Dear Fatespinner-lass,

This be your good friend Hamish from Parson's Breach. A while back you had given me a wee piece of paper as a reward for finding your wee little stone. The one you needed for your wee little earth circle. I have been told by that bonny lass Esme that it was more than a piece of fancy bum wipe. That it gives me a Spirit Link Ritual on any item I were to choose. Well, I was hoping that you could make time on your next visit to Parson's Breach to put this wee little ritual on me armor. As I always say, your a handy lass to have around in a shindy.

Your's truly,
Hamish ap Timmet
Warrior of Clan McCuhollach"

Nadja puts her quill down, sands the letter so the ink will dry. Once dry she rolls it up, dips her wax stick into the candle flame and applies a generous blob the rolled scroll. Taking a seal she presses into the wax, sealing the letter firmly. She deftly picks up her quill again and addresses the scroll to The Fatespinner.

She takes the sealed scroll and hands it to Hammish. "Now Hamish, you will need to get a messenger to take this to the lady Fatespinner back in Calanhiem. I believe you will find a messenger over by the firepit near the front gates."

Hamish takes the letter. "Thank you my dear Nadja, I am in your debt lass."

Walking out of her tent, he heads towards the firepit and finds the first messenger heading to Calanhiem. "Here lad, I need you to deliver this for me, to the Lady Fatespinner. If it isn't received by her, don't come back". Hamish puts the letter in the lads hand, pays the fee and sends him on his way.

Hamish heads into the tavern, intent on finding a drink. Inside he takes a seat exclaiming "So, anyone got any news to tell me?"

dontneednoname said:
Hamish heads into the tavern, intent on finding a drink. Inside he takes a seat exclaiming "So, anyone got any news to tell me?"

Math sits next to fellow Middenvalian, "Yes, you should know that Adraur was nominated by popular vote at the behest of Victoria Matheson to be in charge of Parson's Breach until such time as Mobius returns."

Math cocks his eyebrows for a moment in thought, his new red feathers striking in comparison to the black and white ones that still remain. He then gets an 'aah' look as he remembers another important bit of fact "And the colonel has been slain, from what I understand his soul has been trapped by the forces of Chaos."

"By the way", Math says during their conversation "I feel it would be handy to have a silver weapon so I can deal damage to some of these creatures that are unaffected without. If I give you a staff, could you silver it? I know it's expensive, and I'm a bit shy for the base materials but I'm hoping we can make an arrangement for some of my wares, or I could owe you until I sell some more of my stock."

He pulls out a vial from a chest pocket in his armour, "I have something new you might like... it's called a Paste of Stickiness. It has many uses, but primarily you can use it to stick your weapon to your hand for 10 minutes. If an enemy tries to disarm you, the paste will wear off but it will let you keep your weapon to your hand. I'm planning to offer them for 4 silver."

The portal behind the tavern lights up and smoke flows out of it. After a moment, the messenger steps trough and the portal goes dark again. He heads towards the tavern and upon entering calls out for Hamish.

"Oy!!! Over here, lad. That was nice and quick. Let me buy you a wee dram in thanks, and you can tell me the Fatespinner's reply."

The messenger walks over to Hammish and hands him a scroll bearing the seal of the Fatespinner. "This is all I was given." he says, then turns and leaves the tavern.

"Hold up there, lad. You're going to have to read this too me. I am guessing it is part of the service." Hamish cracks the seal and presents the scroll to the messenger.

The messenger stops and rolls open the note. Lowering his voice so only Hammish can hear, he reads aloud

*** continued in pm***

Opon completion, he rolls it up again and hands it back to Hammish. Nodding, he turns to leave once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back