[.11] Heal Golem: Staying? Going?

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Quick question for the 2.0 creatorfolk:

Heal Golem isn't listed in the playtest rules as a ritual that's getting removed/changed, but with the removal of Master Construct, I would say that its effects will become largely defunct in 2.0. Technically, the item is still usable as-is, but only on PC-to-NPC-golem healing interactions, which I can't imagine will come up very often ("Oh no, our [NPC] helper golem friend got his leg stunned, better use this times-ever ritual to fix him!") and don't really make it an effect worth carrying/casting.

So, did Heal Golem simply get missed on the going away list (and thus existing scrolls/items will just be changed to something else via points described in the conversion thread), or is it staying the same and just becoming pretty useless?

Not really a huge thing - it just came to mind and figured I'd ask. :)

We have never had a native master construct in Denver, but we do use the normal construct (had one for a few years pop in and out). We have used heal golem with it, though I agree, it's not super useful.

Could heal golem be an interesting new high magic ability for celestialists instead of a formal scroll?

For X points of high magic, the celestial scholar can heal any golem to full by having it step into a circle of power that was either created or that the scholar is invested in. It takes 30 seconds of meditation to heal it to full and the scholar can heal it to full once for each time that the high magic is purchased.

Back