Heavy crossbow

Ondreij

Scout
Will Kincaid made a heavy crossbow for me -- and, while it was his first crossbow, I think he did a very nice job, and I wanted everyone to see it.

Please forgive the lousy photography.

b71d5904a38f3cecabc52d428057c3736g.jpg

209721fadcaa2629a30e81c1a10eaf716g.jpg

¡that is seriously cool! it's hard to judge scale, ¿what are the dimensions? very well played, sir!

It's about 18" across the bow, and about 26" along the stock.

I think Will did a very good job. There's even a "handle" to hang it from.

Don't suppose you could get a side view shot?

For some reason, it looks like a pistol crossbow for a minotaur to me - which is what I imagine a Heavy crossbow would be :)

Yeah, I can get one added here -- probably tonight -- when I get home and after I have had dinner (it will be a bit later as I don't get home until about 7PM Eastern Time).

And, yeah, it does look like a pistol crossbow ... I think that is maybe what Will was after.

I also like that he has Ondreij's patrial symbol -vine- as part of the motif.

If you split the pipe insulation in two perpendicular to the way you want it to curve, you can then bend the pipe insulation. One end will stick out farther than the other but once you get it to where you want it (actually a little bit beyond) you then tape it together.

To see what I mean, take two pieces of pipe insulation, stack one on top of the other and then bend them both. It might be a bit confusing in my description but you'll see when you do it. It's the same tactic that the SCA uses when they glue multiple pieces of plywood together to make a curved shield.

markusdark said:
If you split the pipe insulation in two perpendicular >CLIP< One end will stick out farther than the other but once you get it to where you want it (actually a little bit beyond) you then tape it together.

To see what I mean, take two pieces of pipe insulation, stack one on top of the other and then bend them both.>CLIP<

I saavy.

The handle was just bent and reinforced w/ duct tape pool noodle. The front part was carved out of another piece of pool noodle, I shaved one side of the front to flatten it out so it would adhere better to the stock. And yeah I'm proud of the trigger design as well.
Will

Will,

Thanks for the explanation -- it makes sense, the way you explained it.

I hope people understand that the trigger carreis through the leaf motif of Ondreij's "Patria" which you picked up on after a brief explanation.

See you this coming weekend with my awesome heavy crossbow.

-Seth

I'm sorry, this thing is awesome, but...

I looked at the image, percieved the yellow tag on the bottom as a nutrition facts label and saw a summer sausage with green things glued to it.

This thing is awesome, I just had a silly moment.

Back