hello

I'm new here and had some questions I wanted to ask. The LARP looks very cool and I love the costumes I've seen. Far better than any non boffer larps I've been in. I live in Northern CA and going to SF is a bit far for a LARP, especially with gas prices and such. Is there any chance at all of you guys branching out and getting a Northern California Chapter? I think Northern Cali could use some actually decent LARPS. ;-) So tired of Vampire/WoD stuff.

Hello there!

I always thought of SF as northern california but I suppose Sacto is a bit more north, eh? :)

I am not certain but we may have some players who come from Sacramento that might be able to give you a lift. I don't think there are any plans on running games that far north though since most of our playerbase is in the Bay Area.

Also, to answer some of the other questions you had in the general discussion threads

Any major link to religion is not allowed in NERO. The decision was made quite a while ago as many of the camps that are rented out would have an issue with people worshipping other gods than the ones they believed in. Although things are more tolerable these days, the thought is that it is better to avoid any possible issues. Besides the game runs pretty good without religion or any religious symbolism.

Now, with that being said, there are quite a few religious undertones - although no 'souls' we have spirits, there are undead and there are beings from other planes of existance. Just instead of "Demon" we say "Extra Planar". There is ritualistic magic casting that goes on from time to time but nothing like an actual sermon.

As for making a tiefling costume - do a google search under the "Images" section located in the upper left hand corner of google's main page for "Woochie Horns" - woochie is a supplier of commercial latex prostectics and they have a good selection for horns. As for a tail, your best best would be to find some fabric that looks like/feels like what you want and then just sew up a tail. Another possibility is to go to a major hardware store, such as OSH, and check out their tubing section. Sometimes they have wide enough tubing that you could just paint to make it look like a tail (if you're going for the thin look).

However, a tiefling styled character wouldn't be allowed as a player character as there is no PC race that it would mimic. As others mentioned, the closest you could get would be some form of horned animal - such as a goat. But they wouldn't have the demon tail.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask either here or on the home page for the SF chapter at www.alliancesf.net

Sincerely,
Mark

Back