Help with bolts please?

Hey, so I'm kinda new to this but it sounds like some people are gathering together soon to do this adventuring stuff that Kovu has told me about. I'm a pretty good hunter but I can only kill stuff with a crossbow. Last time I was fighting corrupt I ran out of bolts and that was almost really bad, but luckily Kovu and Panda were there to help. But if we are going to do some more hunting I'm gonna need lots of bolts, I hear they aren't too hard to make even with only basic blacksmithing. Kovu and Panda are helping be now, but if anyone else can help making or finding some bolts too so I can help keep hunting stuff that would be awesome! Can't wait to hunt!

The best hunter!
- Quyri

I believe I have a couple dozen in my packs somewhere. In the same thread, I would also be glad of a bit of business with a local blacksmith. It seems that some of my weaponry has not weathered time as well as I have, and needs replacing. If anyone would happen to have a spear and a short sword that they wished to be rid of, I would be pleased to compensate them in coin or trade from what meager things remain of my gear.

-Shin

Red and Black

Just be sure they are bolts you have, not arrows. Cause they can look a lot the same but aren't. Anyway that would be awesome if I could use those! I'll try to ask Panda and Kovu if they might have some extra weapon stuffs. Otherwise if I find any I'll try to give em to you. :) Thanks!

-Quyri

Though I have not met you before, Quyri, your efforts to thwart the corrupt of which you speak naturally make you respected in my eyes, and I am always willing to help those who wish to eliminate the corrupt. Though I only would be able to make you a little less than a dozen bolts, not being that much of a smith myself, I would gladly assist you in your collecting of more bolts. I will be surging to Kalmok's Anvil in a few days, so look for me there and I shall give you bolts at that time.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Cool! Glad there are so many helpful people, I'll sure need lots of bolts so I won't run out!

The best hunter!
-Quyri

Come to think of it, I reckon I could make a good deal more bolts, somewhere around 40, they'd just cost me a bit more to create, so I'd have to charge you for them. Though I assure you, the price will not be unreasonable, and I'm sure we can negotiate something fair.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Okay, I don't have a whole lot of coins, but panda and Kovu can probably help out with this a little bit, and don't people find stuff hunting? Anyways I'm a great hunter so I bet I could easily find some stuff you want by the end of the day! I'm not to worried about stuff, I just like to have lots of bolts to hunt corrupt! All this snow is making me restless to hunt.

A great hunter,
-Quyri

Like I said, I'm sure we can work out a fair trade. As for this snow making you want to hunt, let's hope that the snow doesn't interrupt the hunting. If the weather doesn't clear up, we'll be hunting Corrupt in a blizzard, and that'll only make things more difficult. Still, any Corrupt we manage to take down, blizzard or no, is a benefit to Gaden.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Myself, I'm glad for it. Snow makes the enemy slow and keeps his thoughts on shelter, not defense. Although I suppose some lack sufficient natural warmth to really take advantage of it.

-Shin

Can track easier in the snow.

-Quyri

May I remind you, Shin, that the snow also makes us think about shelter. There's no denying that, regardless of any benefit, a flurry is bound to slow the assault. And as for tracking in the snow, tracking the Corrupt during the assault won't be all that necessary, considering they will be running at us with weapons in hand. Tracking using snow in calm weather is fine, but in a snowstorm would be a nightmare, considering the wind and additional snow would cover the old tracks very effectively. I by no means doubt your tracking ability, Quyri, but it is the truth.

But who am I to be so negative? I'm sure it won't be that terrible and, as you say, snow will only hinder the Corrupt!

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian,

Your on my team for the upcoming assault. I like your kind of realism going against the corrupt.

Quyri,

If you need some coatings for said arrows let me know. We could use someone who can turn those Corrupt Casters into pincushions; I'll see what I can do about bolts but I think I only have arrows.

Fern Woods

Gandian, I have had the honor of helping to hold a line until our footprints froze into the ground and the bodies of the dead became snowdrifts themselves without much problem from the cold. But then, not all places lend themselves to such desperate fights as Caladore once did, and not all people are as willing to bear discomfort to ensure the destruction of their enemies.

-Shin

I did not mean to insult you or any previous experiences you may have had, Shin, and and if I did so accidentally, I am greatly sorry. I was was merely pointing out the fact that any snow or cold, regardless of how hardy the folks of Gaden or the Corrupt may be, will always be a setback.

Oh, and Fern, I'm honored by what you say, but I'm just pointing out the "fine-print", as you people who can properly read call it, of the battle. Come to think of it, I tend to do that for most situations... and I really should refine my reading skills. Erin White taught me how, but I just don't have the hang of it yet. Oh well. I'll work on that when I'm not busy trying to suppress Corrupt attacks, I suppose.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Hey Fern, haven't used coatings much myself but I'm happy to try that out. Although like you said arrows won't help me much. But thanks for offering! Sounds like lots of people can help with bolts, horay! The last time I got into trouble with some corrupt I ran out... fortunately Panda and Kovu saved me. :)

-Quyri

Hey everyone, i just wanted to say thanks so much to all the people who helped me out getting bolts! I had more than enough. Now I can stock up for another day of Corrupt hunting!

-Quyri

Back