Hi I'm another noob (also this is really wordy)

Brooke

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyy I am so sorry I have no idea what I'm doing and I am probably going about this all wrong, but I saw a couple other newbie posts here so I am going to very casually follow suit.

I'm really super interested in joining your larp; I haven't larped before (aside from playing around with plastic swords in the backyard and bullying fruit trees . u .; ) and I've kiiiiiiiinndddd of been going through the rulebook but I really want to try NPCing to see how everything actually works and get to know the world and what's going on in it better.

I'd really like try going to the Nov. 10-12 event, but I don't want to cause any inconvenience or disruption in the game; I can sometimes be pretty shy, so I'm not sure if there are any NPCs that wouldn't be entirely disgraced by me attempting to play them or if there are even any open NPC spots. I saw another post on here somewhere about an NPC limit; I don't know if that's a thing for this event or not, but I'm also totally happy to help clean up/set up/do something to assist in some other way, I really just want to see what this larp/actually larping in general is like. Tl;dr: are there any semi-beginner-friendly NPCs at this event/is it even ok to try NPCing at this event? quq; And if all this is ok, how would I register as an NPC for this event?

I also read somewhere, though I haven't been able to re-find it and double check, that there are maybe potentially cabins at the event? Assuming I can attend as an NPC, a confirmation of yea/nay on this would be much appreciated, because I have no camping gear with me and wouldn't be able to attend at all if camping is required (although I am also willing to sleep outside on the ground actually, so idk, but cabins would be super duper nice).

Also, I saw a carpool thread, but is that a thing that people are actually willing to do/is it common for people to carpool (if it is I'll put another post in that thread, I just want to know if it's ok to impose like that)? I feel like this is a lot to ask. quq;; Sorry for all the questions, but thanks so much for your time!!

Also also, hi I'm Brooke nice to meet you. ಥ◡ಥ

I'm not staff (so obviously these answers are suspect), but brand new players NPC all the time. In fact, it's generally suggested for new players to NPC.

I don't bring any camping gear with me, just pillows and a sleeping bag. If you pay you don't even need to bring food.
ヽ( ̄ω ̄(。。 )ゝ

Where are you carpooling from?

Last edited:
Hi Brooke!

IMO, more NPCs is always good. Last month was my first event and a lot of the NPCs were first timers and they did a great job in the combats and stuff as monsters and as other people in the "inn". The staff should give you all the stuff you need to succeed whether it's how the rules work or costuming and weapons.

Looking at the pre-registration field thread it looks like they have cabins exclusive to the NPCs, I'd assume you go there.

Take all this with a grain of salt as I'm not staff though. :D

Hope to see you there!

Ok, definitely good to know, Axle. I knew I saw something about cabins somewhere, lol. I'll hunt that thread down and check it out again. Thanks!!

And thanks, DiscOH, that's a relief to know! I live in Berkeley, but I could easily take bart to SF if anyone drives from there.

Last edited:
Hi Brooke!

My name is Anthea and I am the General Manager for this chapter!

We love to have new NPCs and are more than happy to teach you the basics of how to play our game. We get a lot of first timers! We do ask that you pre-register at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...rm?formkey=dGJNMDZjdlJaVW5XbmEyd0xfdjA0blE6MQ This lets us know to expect you. We do have cabins and food for NPCs so all you have to do is show up! We ask that you wear all black or dark neutral colors if possible and wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot of walking and fighting during game! You can check out our Facebook page to see about carpool. We do have a fair number of players coming from the SF area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/alliancesf/

Please feel free to send me an email at gm@alliancesf.net if you have any questions or need any help!

Best,
Anthea

Hi Brooke!

My name is Anthea and I am the General Manager for this chapter!

We love to have new NPCs and are more than happy to teach you the basics of how to play our game. We get a lot of first timers! We do ask that you pre-register at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...rm?formkey=dGJNMDZjdlJaVW5XbmEyd0xfdjA0blE6MQ This lets us know to expect you. We do have cabins and food for NPCs so all you have to do is show up! We ask that you wear all black or dark neutral colors if possible and wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot of walking and fighting during game! You can check out our Facebook page to see about carpool. We do have a fair number of players coming from the SF area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/alliancesf/

Please feel free to send me an email at gm@alliancesf.net if you have any questions or need any help!

Best,
Anthea

Thanks!! I'll look on the facebook page for carpool info and pre-register!

Back