High Magic: Channel Earth/Chaos + Archery/Ranged

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcFighterFTW

Spellsword
So I had a thought while planning the long-term future abilities of my archery-using Earth caster: What happens with Channel Earth/Chaos + Archery/Ranged Weapons?

As the channeling lasts all logistics period and for all weapons the character is proficient with, does that include all ranged weapons and archery bolts/arrows? In effect, could each arrow/bolt/javelin have earth/chaos channeled into it before being thrown and stay with it until it hits the target (necromantic volley of arrows!), or does this only work for melee weapons (assuming the channeling of the magic is through the body itself extended into the weapon and therefore the weapon must maintain contact with the body)?

The description for "Channel Earth/Chaos" clearly states that it "allows the character to channel this element through those weapons in which they have the skill...", thus if you have a weapon skill you may channel the element through a weapon corresponding to that skill. A weapon skill is a weapon skill whether it's for ranged or melee weapons.

We ask that you please ensure that you have read the rulebook thoroughly before bringing questions to the ARC forum. If you're not sure about something that seems plainly written in the rulebook, I would encourage you to bring the question up to other players in the main rules forum to see if they have an answer before posting a question here.

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back