High Orc 2.0 Build Questions

Bigens73

Artisan
Hey all I am like lvl 7 I havent been doing blankets. and been adventuring in SoMN for 2 seasons now.
Just want advice on limited build I think I have something like 79 build and this is how I have used it so far.
I am trying to build a front line tank that can take damage but also deal it out. Please give feedback on this set up and thoughts.
2 resolute
1 Craftsman other Butcher
1 Weapon Master
14 Crit
4 Weapon Prof
1 Parry
1 Hardy
1 Blacksmith

Style skills?

Parry’s, intercepts and Resolutes with some Mettle’s will do the trick down the road.

Also since you use a 2h the Repel Strike is great for creating space.

Depending, maybe a 2nd parry instead of hardy, remembering you can parry for friends. If you have magic items you are converting and can free up enough for intercept, there's also the "heroic intercept" ritual which can give you a resolute per ritual charge to use on things thrown at people nearby. (Intercept is 2 per and buyable per /10 vs /25 for resolute normally or /30 for parry - so its a way to relatively cheaply get some defenses for nearby friends.) This is assuming by tank you mean "take the hits so those near me don't".

If you mean tanky more as "can take a beating for a long time" consider buying some wear extra armor if you can phyrsep it. Its easier to physrep more armor in 2.0, and hitting mid-40's or 50's in armor is a solid tanking decision. And armor refitting is infinite, unlike healing. And if you end up with enough WEA, the "Armored Shell" enchantment might be useful as it'll give you your WEA ranks also as HP, so its sort of a way to double up on your investment and make mettle more usable.

Parry’s, intercepts and Resolutes with some Mettle’s will do the trick down the road.

Also since you use a 2h the Repel Strike is great for creating space.

So I thought about that but is it still the 10 feet and I can't get closer because that is what it is for repell and you are just spell striking repell correct

Depending, maybe a 2nd parry instead of hardy, remembering you can parry for friends. If you have magic items you are converting and can free up enough for intercept, there's also the "heroic intercept" ritual which can give you a resolute per ritual charge to use on things thrown at people nearby. (Intercept is 2 per and buyable per /10 vs /25 for resolute normally or /30 for parry - so its a way to relatively cheaply get some defenses for nearby friends.) This is assuming by tank you mean "take the hits so those near me don't".

If you mean tanky more as "can take a beating for a long time" consider buying some wear extra armor if you can phyrsep it. Its easier to physrep more armor in 2.0, and hitting mid-40's or 50's in armor is a solid tanking decision. And armor refitting is infinite, unlike healing. And if you end up with enough WEA, the "Armored Shell" enchantment might be useful as it'll give you your WEA ranks also as HP, so its sort of a way to double up on your investment and make mettle more usable.

More the 2nd is what I was thinking. But the first is a cool idea too.

Style skills?
I debated it but have never used 2 weapons before I mean it was because I couldn't but not sure I originally had it and didn't have the resolute and hardys

Or Archery: we like Archery for bottleneck fights where not everyone can be on the front at once.

I debated it but have never used 2 weapons before I mean it was because I couldn't but not sure I originally had it and didn't have the resolute and hardys

Style Master is so cheap for an Orc though. Given that you have weapon master, it'll let you be super versatile. At your level it'll take like 3 blankets to buy.

I don’t think you need Style Master if you basically want to be a 2H Fighter. It’s true that it’s cheap for an High Orc, but XP you don’t want to use is wasted. That could be an extra pick of Hardy.

Well, I mean, could always try it out, and if you don't like it, sell it back.

I don’t think you need Style Master if you basically want to be a 2H Fighter. It’s true that it’s cheap for an High Orc, but XP you don’t want to use is wasted. That could be an extra pick of Hardy.

I got weapon master because I was only 2 handlers and one event I got hit with a lot of stun limb and it was awful so I could still be useful but haven’t been hit with a stun limb since lol. So yes mostly 2handers.

So I thought about that but is it still the 10 feet and I can't get closer because that is what it is for repell and you are just spell striking repell correct
This is partially correct; Repel Strike will force them to back up to 10 feet from you, but you can't maintain it like the spell, so you can close the distance again and use the reach of your 2-hander for an advantage (or back off to repair, or whatever it is you need to do).

ETA: It's also a Weapon Strike, not a Spell Strike, so it can be Parried or Weapon Shielded. It's a Binding Effect, so it can be Cloaked, Baned, or Resisted with the appropriate skill.

This is partially correct; Repel Strike will force them to back up to 10 feet from you, but you can't maintain it like the spell, so you can close the distance again and use the reach of your 2-hander for an advantage (or back off to repair, or whatever it is you need to do).

ETA: It's also a Weapon Strike, not a Spell Strike, so it can be Parried or Weapon Shielded. It's a Binding Effect, so it can be Cloaked, Baned, or Resisted with the appropriate skill.

Repel is Eld Force now.

Right, sorry, my mistake; I forgot that Repel got switched to Eldricht Force to eliminate the ability to Rip from it.

Did the tier 3 Chicago Coin Drive and thinking of doing a 5 year item with empowered armor armor shell and sacrafice. I'm planning on putting it on a 50 tag of armor so 15 extra body for WEA and once per day 100 armor

I've got the same setup for a piece of armor, but w/o Sacrifice I have Sturdy Armor(for 25sec refits *Master Smith*). So not a bad plan at all if you can rep all 50pts.

I'm close just gotta finish my looks like metal barrel brig. I debated sturdy but that is only 55 sec for me

Back