How do you RP intoxicate as a Stone ELF?

jdackow

Adept
Hello All,

My character is a Stone elf that belongs to a group that regularly toasts before an adventurers with spiked drinks laced with intoxicate poison. And it got me to thinking how do others RP this? I normally I slur speech but still act more reserved. What do you do?

I play a Dryad, not a Stone Elf, so the character reactions are a bit different ~.^ If Amory drinks alcohol or an intoxicate she tends to get more giggly, blunt, and slurs her speech. But a lot of it depends on -why- she's drinking. Her reactions differ based on the reason, the atmosphere, and the group.

If the drinking is heavy, I also like to rp a hangover the next morning.

I play a gypsy and my "family" tends to keep our local alchemists in business for intoxicates, and I have gotten a stone elf to join us. He played it as being a bit more touchy and loud while still staying emotionless, but obviously everyone reacts differently to alcohol so I treat intoxicates the same. Sometimes I'm fighty, sometimes I'm touchy feely, sometimes I'm loud and laughing at everything.

I don't have a Stone Elf PC, but I would probably play an Intoxicate effect for them the same way I do for my high-and-mighty Elf and make it more of a physical impairment (slowed/unsteady body movements, slurred speech, etc.) than a mental one, as if the mind is still willing to go about business as usual but the body can't quite keep up.

Another thought would be that heavily intoxicated Stone Elves might start to make poor or incorrect logical choices (still not emotion-based, mind you - just plain bad drunk logic). That also opens up opportunities for logically-baffling "What was I thinking?" moments when the effects wear off and they realize that their impairment caused some very bad rationalizations.

I play a stone elf and intoxicate tend to happen I tend to soften my eyes, and loose track of conversations, maybe relaxing my posture more if I wasn't already around trusted people. It becomes more a lack of focus, and a gentler expressionless face for me.

Being a stone elf I would tend to find a purify or someway to counter the effects as it serves no purpose for me. If it's apart of a group thing I would bring along a antidote so I wouldn't be affects

Last edited:
More Chiana-like head movements than usual. Sort of weaving and a lot of blinking and snakey spine.

Back