How'd we do March 22-24

First off, I had a great time as usual! I'm glad I'm part of this chapter!

To try to keep things shorter than I normally post I'm just going to get into the Likes and Dislikes.

Roleplay: The RP was great from a lot of the PCs and NPCs alike. I'm starting to get more into RP, but I'm is coming along slowly. It really helps me when all of the RP around me is really great. Chad's was particularly striking to me in the two mods that I went on with him there.

NPCing: I love to NPC. I highly recommend anyone (especially new players) to go and NPC. It is especially fun with the Plot crew and NPC regulars that we have. I can't say enough about how much I've learned and how much fun I've had while NPCing.

New Players: Glad they made it out, glad they had a good time. I was happy to see that they were welcomed into the world and everyone helped them get in to game fluently. Thanks for that!

Dislikes:

Tying it all together: I didn't feel the big pull and cohesiveness that I usually feel at the events I've been at previously. Usually I feel some sense of things being tied altogether, or some underlying plot that everything is connected to, but at this event I just felt we did a lot of separate things, Elabreeze, the bugs, etc, that didn't necessarily connect. It could be the case that I am just not privy to the information that underlies it all, in which case I'm fine with that and Jurickson will just have to go investigate (which he will anyway).

As a weekend though, and how it felt to me, this seems good and bad. It is great in the sense that everyone got one thing that really mattered to them. Most of the town got to be a part of those things as well which is great in terms of being inclusive. However I find it bad just because I want things to always be connected to the world where each big mod we had was somehow connected, affected the world/underlying plot, or effected by the world/other plots.

It just was not as clear to me that these things were connected, which ultimately is not a big issue since I understand that things need to be run separately and not everything is always connected, I was just craving the big hook of "this is what is going on in the world which brings about these things" or "this is how the world is reacting to ALL of this information at once" etc.

Staying in/at game: I need to stay and sleep at the campsite. That is all. I dislike myself.

That is about it. I have specific examples of the good things I liked, but I feel that saying "I liked it all" is not only quicker but also true.

See everyone in April!

Thank you everyone that posted up their review of the event!

This might be the most feedback we have had since we started and we are very grateful for the input!

We are already hard at work on the very impending April event, so please get your IBGAs in ASAP.

See you soon!

Travis
Plot Test Pilot

Hi everyone! As this was my first LARP event I have no comparison, but had a great time overall. Thanks to the plot team and all the players for making it such a fun, challenging and friendly first experience!

At the beginning of the first night, as I was introducing myself and getting to know the other characters, the elementals started billowing through the walls of the tavern. At first I freaked out, not knowing what to do, nor completely comfortable in-character. But after some encouragement and collaboration, I took one down! It was the perfect first-fight because I became more accustomed to what my character might be encountering, and it gave me a huge confidence boost (even though I now realize it’s not like I was taking down a placker bug or something).

I felt very welcomed and open to ask questions when I needed to, which was nice. The Ellabreeze fight was way over my head, but very cool to see everyone out for a single mod. I had quite a difficult time trying to keep track of my own RP and understand those around me who had either been silenced or turned undead. I’m hoping to see more mods centered around PC’s like that one was. I felt like it had more meaning even for my character because I had interacted with her before and after.

The “job board” provided fun mods to keep us busy as well. It was very helpful to have them color coded! I am still overwhelmed at the variety of events that can take place in-game, and how difficult they can be. It is challenging and encouraging because I am not at all worried about space to grow!

I completely agree with the hope for more puzzle mods! Hacking each other to pieces is fun, but the strategy side balances very well, and I hope to see more of that.

It was a lot of fun to become more and more comfortable with the RP and my character. By Sunday morning I was awakened and immediately asked, “What’s wrong? Who died?” I felt like I learned a TON in my first event, and am very excited for the next one!

Thanks again for an amazing event. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Shout out to Zach for inviting me and driving!
(This phrasing does NOT belong to me. All credit for "shout out's" goes to Steve.)

Jess said:
Shout out to Zach for inviting me and driving!

Copyright infringement. You now owe me a quarter.

Steve

I'm terrible at getting these things done in any semblance of on-time.

I had a good time at the last event thanks to so many people.

All the players are a ton of fun.
Jack and Jess: Great new players
Amber: You're so much fun to taunt. Way to wear a monster's face as a hat. Also, why did you have to find your inner peace at the moment I needed you angry? I felt like such a jerk pacing around that circle verbally abusing Elabreeze.
GJ: Thanks for marshaling all those rits in the cold. Also thanks to the people hanging out in the cold assisting.
Plot: Thanks for your hard work in giving us a full world to play in
NPCs: Thanks for your tireless work in getting the beatdown.

Also I agree that the Placker bug mod had its issues. It's a shame that we missed out on fighting the queen, but that's what happens when there's a big fight and multiple paths can't be clear to everyone. Like any big town fight mod there's always going to be people standing in the back/middle who seem to lack something to do. I'm not sure what to say about those people because I don't how they feel they ended up there. If you're feeling ineffective because you're to low powered there are things I can suggest (i.e. see if anyone has potions or scrolls you can use). If you're feeling like you don't care about the situation, why did you come along? If you're feeling left out, I'm sure people in the action are happy to let you step forward, healers are always needed. People who can hold a line while others refit are as important as someone swinging big numbers. For me, these sort of mods are a lot of fun because they embody the feeling of a group of heroes solving a problem but I understand that isn't what everyone wants.

The bad:
I have no idea what was going on at the weekend. I don't think I avoided getting information but I honestly can't say why we did most of the things that were "town" related.

See you in a week

Back