human national race packet poll

Janzin

Artisan
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8420

we have been talking about this a good amount on the boards i just want to know what most people think.

Our chapter is in the process of making one. I think humans are much more based in the culture of the country that the chapter controls than a national scale. In my opinion, a very basic "Humans are the most populous of the intelligent races. Their cultures are varied, but are generally refined and separate into large governed areas. Their skin tone ranges from very pale peach to a brown so dark it's almost black. They are one of the shorter lived races, generally living 60 years. Their emotions are guarded or unguarded depending on culture, upbringing, and age. The common age of marriage is 20. Most humans are very money and power driven, which can cause them to be easily corrupted. This is not a firm rule though, as many of them are very giving, charitable, and humble; though some of the most powerful and evil necromancers come from this race (this may be because of how numerous they are, however). They can be very shrewd negotiators, though not often as good as Hoblings or Gypsies. Some of them are also very gulluble. In summary, Humans are extremely adaptive to different situations, cultures, and characteristics of other races." Maybe put in a few photographic/sketch examples of acceptable garb for humans including peasant, military, adventurer, and noble. (Probably color would be better, as it can cause more distinction between gypsy-appropriate and human-appropriate.)

I would then let the local chapter expound on that to fit their chapter.

Fynwei said:
Our chapter is in the process of making one. I think humans are much more based in the culture of the country that the chapter controls than a national scale. In my opinion, a very basic "Humans are the most populous of the intelligent races. Their cultures are varied, but are generally refined and separate into large governed areas. Their skin tone ranges from very pale peach to a brown so dark it's almost black. They are one of the shorter lived races, generally living 60 years. Their emotions are guarded or unguarded depending on culture, upbringing, and age. The common age of marriage is 20. Most humans are very money and power driven, which can cause them to be easily corrupted. This is not a firm rule though, as many of them are very giving, charitable, and humble; though some of the most powerful and evil necromancers come from this race (this may be because of how numerous they are, however). They can be very shrewd negotiators, though not often as good as Hoblings or Gypsies. Some of them are also very gulluble. In summary, Humans are extremely adaptive to different situations, cultures, and characteristics of other races." Maybe put in a few photographic/sketch examples of acceptable garb for humans including peasant, military, adventurer, and noble. (Probably color would be better, as it can cause more distinction between gypsy-appropriate and human-appropriate.)

this is brilliant and i'd love to see it in the rule book. i agree with everything in this post.

Robb Graves said:
Fynwei said:

this is brilliant and i'd love to see it in the rule book. i agree with everything in this post.

I concur. Had I at least seen this in the rulebook my original thread never would have started. I would have gone to my local board for a more detailed culture guide.

Without a race packet of our own history, we all end up walking in as humans going "Urmmm what is going on?" and come off as the least interesting and ignorant of the races.

We are the race of Man, we are strong, we are adaptable, and we deserve a history.

hmm...i seem to already have a history provided by my chapter's players guide and my own writing. I don't ever recall walking around saying "Urmmm what is going on?"

Izlude_Oranes said:
Without a race packet of our own history, we all end up walking in as humans going "Urmmm what is going on?" and come off as the least interesting and ignorant of the races.

But, humans ARE the least interesting of races -- not ignorant, just boring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I mean to say, as a character we can be interesting... I mean, look at REAL human existance, there are great and terrible moments all throughout our history that everyone knows about in some regard.

Just because Dark elves are "soooooooooooooooOOOoooooooooooooooooOOoooooo" cool... Doesnt mean that it should diminish the Humans note-worthiness.. if that word even works. Jesus I can't type today. >_>

I guess I should also go ahead and say that I am not trying to call out Dark Elves alone, but they are one of those races that steriotypically gets a lot of attention. I mean, they are designed to be "cool" from head to toe. I guess it can't be helped.

Back