IG/OOG Item discussion

As a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten or may not be aware, all scroll tags must be attached to a physrep, and all potion and alchemical elixir tags must be attached to or contained within a vial of no less than 1/4 ounce (7.4mL). Gas globes must be represented by orange packets, trap tags must be attached to an approved trap container, and weapon coatings/contact gels sould be represented by a gel-like substance or container that could hold such (in the case of weapon coatings, the gel does not need to be applied to the weapon, only present at the time the tag is applied to the weapon).

Production items that are not properly physrepped (this includes scrolls, potions, alchemy, and traps) may not be used, traded, given away, or sold in game, but may be stolen. Weapons, shields, and armor may be traded and sold, but not used without a valid physrep.

-Dan

Shikar al'Basteua said:
As a reminder to anyone who may have forgotten or may not be aware, all scroll tags must be attached to a physrep, and all potion and alchemical elixir tags must be attached to or contained within a vial of no less than 1/4 ounce (7.4mL). Gas globes must be represented by orange packets, trap tags must be attached to an approved trap container, and weapon coatings/contact gels sould be represented by a gel-like substance or container that could hold such (in the case of weapon coatings, the gel does not need to be applied to the weapon, only present at the time the tag is applied to the weapon).

Production items that are not properly physrepped (this includes scrolls, potions, alchemy, and traps) may not be used, traded, given away, or sold in game, but may be stolen. Weapons, shields, and armor may be traded and sold, but not used without a valid physrep.

-Dan

Just a reminder in the same area. I still have a number of vials for sale, and will bring them to the event. I can also bring them to the gameday if someone tells me they need them. If for some reason someone needs more than 200-300 tell me and I can see if I can get another bundle, but I have about 300 I think now.

Just for clarification (as I've heard this several different ways): Does this apply to production items handed out by NPCs during an event? i.e. if I'm killing Bob the Necromancer and he has a Shatter scroll tag *but no physrep* on his corpse when I loot him, am I then prevented from using that Shatter immediately due to the lack of proper physrep?

-Bryan

Shikar al'Basteua said:

-Dan

Yes, this is the case. We are working on coming into compliance with this rule. Ryan's tags are going to be a good thing. Expect to see more of them.

Shikar al'Basteua said:

Does this mean that one must give away their physrep when trading? If so this could be a real fast way to lose money oog for merchants and other people that buy the physreps.

That can be arranged on a per sale/trade basis by the players, however all items in game are expected to be physrepped; if you sell it to someone but keep the physrep, then they must be able to provide their own rep for it. Items given out by plot will have their own physreps, and those should remain with the tag and be returned to the staff after being used (not sure how to handle the logistics of this yet, so don't panic yet).

-Dan

Shikar al'Basteua said:
That can be arranged on a per sale/trade basis by the players, however all items in game are expected to be physrepped; if you sell it to someone but keep the physrep, then they must be able to provide their own rep for it. Items given out by plot will have their own physreps, and those should remain with the tag and be returned to the staff after being used (not sure how to handle the logistics of this yet, so don't panic yet).

-Dan

Does this mean that all scrolls, potions, and alchemy found on NPCs or sold by NPCs will be propperly physrepped? I would assume that if their items are not propperly physrepped they will be unusable and it they have physreps then the physreps are lootable.
Also, if all items are stealable with a tag and people start stealing my vialed physreps, how will I get my vials returned. I go through dozens of of vials over the course of an event, what will prevent my backup potions (which apparently must be in a physrep) from being stollen thereby losing my vial physreps. Does Staff expect us to label our vials?

When will there be a system for NPC items to work? How can we as PCs be expected follow these rules when the logicstics haven't been established?

I understand and agree with the intent of the rule and think that it is a good one that should be inforced but more clarification as to how it is going to be inforced and how it is going to work in game will be required before players will follow it.

Marc

Marc

Potions are a bit trickier, but I know we solved this problem years ago here in Oregon: we printed the scroll tags as full sized scrolls. Problems solved.

Jeff

Masticon said:
Does this mean that all scrolls, potions, and alchemy found on NPCs or sold by NPCs will be propperly physrepped?

That is the plan. Currently we are looking for vial donations (see the link in the post in annoucements) and other items that will be used for this purpose.

Masticon said:
Also, if all items are stealable with a tag and people start stealing my vialed physreps, how will I get my vials returned. I go through dozens of of vials over the course of an event, what will prevent my backup potions (which apparently must be in a physrep) from being stollen thereby losing my vial physreps. Does Staff expect us to label our vials?

That is the players' responsibility, for the most part, but keep in mind that the majority of items in the future will already have physreps, as per the above statement. If you want to label the vials you use for you existing items/the ones you produce int he future, that is fine. We will do what we can to aid in the recovery of thse, probably via an announcement during closing.

Shikar al'Basteua said:
That is the plan. Currently we are looking for vial donations (see the link in the post in annoucements) and other items that will be used for this purpose.

That is the players' responsibility, for the most part, but keep in mind that the majority of items in the future will already have physreps, as per the above statement. If you want to label the vials you use for you existing items/the ones you produce int he future, that is fine. We will do what we can to aid in the recovery of thse, probably via an announcement during closing.

That is very impressive. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Marc

Back