I'm new, how do I get involved?

Libbyjean

Hi, I'm Liz/Libby.

Sorry if this is not how I'm supposed to do this, I couldn't find a whole lot of current information. I have never done an actual larp but I've done lots of other rp as well as growing up in the SCA. So I guess I was just wondering what I need to read and if there is anyone who would be able to help me figure out how to get involved in the community and go to an event.

Welcome!!!

We had an event this weekend so many people are still driving home. Our next one is at the end of May.

Welcome; As a former SCAdian making the switch to LARP is culturally different. First the events are 100% immersive games. You make a character and stay in character the entire weekend. Unlike the SCA that means thier is no haffla or late night party that has alchohol and flirting. Instead everything is kept within the boundaries of the game.

You will need to read the rules and set up a concept. Once you have that done create your character design your costume and get ready to have fun. The main difference being an SCA costume is minimal compared to LARP costume. As in LARP you will have to carry all your weapon, prop, spell packets and extra gear with you. Don't worry about making a perfect costume you will switch it up several times as you find something that becomes comfortable for you to wear.

LARP is also a lot more forgiving for modern day items such as percsription glasses, plastic potion bottles, and football wrist tablets (for notes and spell verbals). The best advice you can get is be ready to join in the fun, dont be afraid to make mistakes, and keep an open mind to this new adventure.

v/r: David (Heinricht)

Hi, I'm Liz/Libby.

Sorry if this is not how I'm supposed to do this, I couldn't find a whole lot of current information. I have never done an actual larp but I've done lots of other rp as well as growing up in the SCA. So I guess I was just wondering what I need to read and if there is anyone who would be able to help me figure out how to get involved in the community and go to an event.

Welcome welcome!~

There is also a sticky thread in the out of character forum that had all of our social media links called Social Media Footprint and Contacts!
Discord is one of the best ways to get to know people before game. People are always there (a little less when there is game going on) and everyone loves helping new people get involved and share knowledge. That thread also has emails of the various teams that lead us if you have any questions you have.

Welcome again and I hope to see you soon!

Back