Immune to Normal Weapons

Daviomac

Artisan
So, last 3 day, there were a lot of things that were calling no effect from my weapon calls (I was swinging for Silver). Eh, it happens. I was able to use elemental/earth blade a few times to get around it with my Slays.

When I double hooked (I always try to do that at least once an overnight, it blows off stress and gives npc's a break), I was going over my monster card, and I saw that the listing was "Immune to Normal weapons".

Now, I had fought that same bloody card earlier in the weekend, and was getting the "no effect" from my Silver damage. I decided to just roll with it at the time, and bring it up later.

From my understanding, an immunity to "normal" weapons just gives you an immunity to "normal" damage calls. It shouldn't give you an immunity to "silver".

Am I correct in this belief?

That is definitely correct. "Immune to Normal Weapons" does not impart any immunities beyond calls that fit the "# Normal" pattern.

Silver, Magic, Earth/Chaos, Lightning, Stone, Ice and Flame would all affect the target based on the given information.

I know we had a lot of newer players, so perhaps that was what caused the issue, but it's always good to bring out this kind of information so that errors can be corrected for next time.

Oh, definitely. I knew there were folks immune to silver as well... I was often playing with folks a bit beyond my level, and that's to be expected.

However, I do know that there was some mixing there, so I wanted to make sure. No recriminations, but just a double check, and maybe clarification for next time.

I mean, no one rezzed (well, except for the one guy who we all knew was going to rez one way or another that weekend), and we had fun, so it's not a big deal.

D

Back