In honours name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtofd

Artisan
Mar tracks down a messenger handing the boy a silver and a sealed letter "see that makes it to ilsa" he says softly before heading into the woods. After the retaking of the breach game was still scarce but mar had too make a living and the undead stragglers sometimes carried coin if no critters where too be found.

Some time later, another messenger comes racing through the trees; His footsteps are loud enough to wake the dead.

"ah, there you are sir," he says with an exasperated sigh. "next time you should really let someone know where your going to be if you... sorry, not my place to say so."

His cheeks blushing slightly, the messenger passes forth a note.

the note reads:

Your offer is most kind, but I believe there are things we need to discuss first. meet me at the tavern in two nights time

-Ilsa

Mar chuckles "sorry kid" he says softly reading the note carefully and passing the kid a copper "let the lady know i'll be there" Mar turns from the kid and starts climbing a tree "and try not too make so much noise as you leave no telling whats in these woods still"

Mar enters the tavern after dropping off a couple of his kills at the kitchen finding himself a table he sits with his back too the wall and orders stew waiting for ilsa tooa arrive.

Ilsa reaches out and taps him on the shoulder.

"Sorry you had to wait," she says. "I needed some time to think. I have to say I was surprised by your note. Aengus's final words didn't bother you?"

"you mean the part about if you bear a child?" he asks softly "honestly no i knew what was between you" he chuckles softly looking into his drink "he was a friend too me an ally despite what people said about him around here"

"SSSSHHHHHHHhhh!!" she hissed. "I... you don't have to say it out loud. IF that is an issue... are you really sure this is a decision you want to make?"

"Ilsa for now lets just say I owe you and angus a debt" he says softly "you've helped me out in the past with information after all." Mar adds trying too reason with himself that he was only doing this as a last favour too angus. Not for his own somewhat conflicted reasons.

Isla stays silent for moment, analyzing the situation she has fallen into. She doesn't believe for a moment that Mar is being entirely honest; she can see it on his face. Still, her choice is clear.

"Very well then. I believe it would be best if I agree. and... thank you."

Her eyes flicker to some movement in the far corner of the tavern.

"Maybe we should go, yes?"

She stands up, and makes her way to the door without so much as a glance to see if he is following behind.

Mar follows carefully bow in hand "i guess so" he says softly he knew better than too trust her completely but this was the path he'd started on and what he'd promised on angus's grave.

Mar moves about the cabin and after making sure everything is in order he stops a messenger and hands him a note "make sure this reaches ilsa i'll be near the smugglers road hunting, tomorrow i'll be near the kings highway" he says softly "if she should want to send a reply"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back