In need of Supplies, Willing to work.

Lurin

Duke
Hello the town....forgive me as I'm not accustomed to speaking in any method that is not face to face. My companion and I are in dire need of additional supplies or I would not be bothering any of you, our travels have been difficult of late and we are in sore need of fresh equipment and supplies. Unfortunately we have little hard coin to directly pay, although what we do have we'll gladly pay fairly with, we are however quite capable hunters and trackers and have often time made our way on the removal of dangerous creatures.

Some of the things we are in need of include a good supply of arrows (Well fletched with fully inserted broadheads ideally) Dried food stuffs, basic alchemical and blacksmithing supplies.

I don't know what you folks are like, but if you don't appreciate strangers in town, let me know and we'll move on to the next one, I've already had more then my fill of townsfolk who don't like visitors and don't need any trouble.

-Brek
Wilderness Hunter

Bienvenue! Welcome!

We are happy to have you, wanderer. If I am in town, I 'ave plenty of arrows and alchemical supplies to spare. Go to Jara's for somet'ing good to eat, or I am sure Paidraig will have made it up dhere, too and will have somet'ing to sell.

Do you need place to stay?

Fortune and Love,

~Marcena Cenkraea "the Dove" Idumea DagonGaddi

My thanks for your offer miss, We carry our camp with us and I'm sure we'll find a safe location to set up, I will do my best to seek you out when we arrive. As to the tavern, we may stop by but we've had little luck at such places so far.

-Brek

Brek,

If you need more than Marcena has to offer I have ample arrows and extra blacksmithing supplies. ;) You said that you bring you camp with you, would you require the safety of a ward? If so I can provide one to you. I would not suggest sleeping without one in these parts; especially if you are going to be around the tavern. We have our own variety of nasties. Please just let me know if you need to Ward so, I have and idea what to memorize.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Brek,

If your willing to work and skilled with a bow i'm sure you can find plenty of work to be done around my tavern. I allow the adventurers to make use of the buildings I own nearby and I'll allow you to set up a basic camp if you like. I'm not sure if your tastes run to hunting big game or other adventuring qualities, but the least I can tell you is that I could use a Boarish Shortsnout or some of its kin to dress up a nice meal im catering at Jolette Woodsaw's and Jimmy Hearthrups wedding feast a few weeks hence.

Here's what you'll need:

A good tracker or two
A few bows and ranged weapons and someone brave or stupid enough to fluster a boar.

Thanks,

Jara
Tavern Keeper

Jara,

Its nice to here from a tavern keeper that is so forthcoming, we usually have a bit of trouble dealing with many of the keepers we've met. We'll be glad to hunt your Shortsnout for you, my friend is quite capable of finding just about anything that walks on the ground, and I'm sure we'll be able to accomplish this in time for your planned feast.

Liddia,

I'm not framilar with what a ward is, but the idea of a protected place to sleep for once appeals to me greatly, can you tell me more about these wards, and what such a service might cost, I'm not sure we can pay fairly for such a service at the moment as we have other pressing needs.

-Brek

Brek,

A ward is a spell of a high circle of celestial magic that is used to protect a room or building from intruders. Only those within in when it is cast are invested (much like a circle of power) and can walk freely in an out, others have to be allowed in by some one who is invested. The spell lasts for 5 days, cannot be dispelled, and only has one entrance and exit.

I think that's about right, I'm still learning.

Eldandiril

Eldandiril said:
Brek,

A ward is a spell of a high circle of celestial magic that is used to protect a room or building from intruders. Only those within in when it is cast are invested (much like a circle of power) and can walk freely in an out, others have to be allowed in by some one who is invested. The spell lasts for 5 days, cannot be dispelled, and only has one entrance and exit.

I think that's about right, I'm still learning.

Eldandiril

Miss Diril,

Are you sure such a casting is safe, what little celestial magic I have encountered has never felt right to me and I have little faith in such invocations.

-Brek

Are you a biata, mister? If you are, Wards are powerful celestial magics. I don' suggest dhat you sleep behind one. Could hurt you.

~Marcey

Good man Brek,

I can assure you that the ward would be safe. Celestial magic can cause discomfort to Biata and most barbians dislike like the working of the stars to do a mortal's bidding. If the idea makes you feel unconfertable I would suggest setting up camp near someone who can easlily be roused in case danger is afoot. I suggest that you contact Deputaty RockFist. He ususally sleeps in his tent between the cabins. As far as payment, none is needed. I do not think that anyone who wishes to sleep protected should have to pay.

Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Back