In the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Most people do. I've had something eating at me since my trip to the nightmare realm, the feeling of unfinished business." He shakes his head and his expression returns to his usual joyful look, but there is a tiredness in his eyes.

"I am sure there are plenty of topics that require research. You'll probably have your pick of the lot. A lot if work and not many hands to help out."

Kai looks from her friend's face, to her tea leaves, and back again. "I'm surprised you went, to be honest. Do you really think chasing this thing-" she pointedly does not ask for details, he'll share if he wants to- "will resolve something? Or are you just picking an old wound?" She extends a claw-tip into her mug, and flicks at the specks there, as if that could change her fate. "I see you, breaking. A little bit at a time. Most of my friends die before they break, but not always." She looks sad.

"Well that is what us friends are here for," Billin says with a kind smile "to pick up the peices and put them back together if one of us breaks."

"Oh going back to that realm is something that me and Calum are planning, but it is not what I am thinking of now. I am just looking up some information is all. Do not worry about me Kai, I don't plan on breaking any time soon."

Jinn claps Billin on the back after his encouraging words.

"Exactly! Very well said Billin!"

Kai looks a little less sad. "I suppose." She looks like she is trying to believe that things will be okay, but isn't quite there yet. She fidgits with her empty mug, "I suppose I should go find Evo and Arlyn. Thanks for the talk, guys." She gets up, and returns her empty mug to the bar on her way out.

Jinn gives a nod as Kai takes her leave and leans back in his chair.

"Well, I suppose I should get going as well." Billin says, finishing his drink. " I need to find Morrigan and Zamot and get their official reports on what happened this month." Rising from the table, Billin gives Jinn a nod "thank you for the drinks and company."
Billin leaves that bar with a more determined step to his walk.

"Not a problem, drinks and company is something I am always good for."

Watching the dwarf leave Jinn drains his mug and waves for another one. Crossing his hands behind his head, he breathes another sigh and continues to ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back