Independent Healers Registry

Shane

Artisan
People of the Deadlands:

All too often we take for granted the healing bestowed upon us by those that spend their lives studying the healing arts and magic of the Earth. While those skilled with a blade cut down our foes and scavenge every silver piece from their quickly-dissipating corpse, the healers stand behind us waiting to alleviate the pain from our wounds -- without an opportunity to collect gold, reagents, and magic items for themselves.

Those healers that travel with noble courts and adventuring companies do not feel the same sting in their pockets as those that travel independently do. We see earth scholars like Sun and Wolf with their magic weapons and assume that all healers can afford such extravagance. We forget those that do not have a team of expert warriors collecting a share of spoils for them.

It is with this in mind that I would like to propose the Independent Healers Registry. Though I have given from my own pocket to healers in recent months, the few gold I spared certainly cannot cover the great deal of effort that goes into healing our wounds every gathering. If nobles, adventuring companies, and skilled craftsfolk were to donate only a few gold each month to keeping independent healers fed and equipped, I believe we would hardly miss the few coins that would make some small difference in the pockets of an inexperienced earth scholar.

Unless there are objections by the Justicar or other citizens, the Vanguard of the Crimson Storm would host the Registry. Only healers that are not associated with a noble court, adventuring company, or other similar entity would be eligible to receive a portion of the monthly collection. I will be speaking to Guild Mistress Keely soon and seeking sponsorship from the Healer's Guild for this endeavor. Distribution of the funds, share of the donated coin, and other details of the Independent Healers Registry will be worked out at a later date.

Please feel free to reply publicly or privately with your criticisms, concerns, or suggestions for this endeavor.

-Chieftain Ator Thunder-Bringer
Commander of the Vanguard of the Crimson Storm

Chieftain

I will give money toward' this end, so long as not a single copper of it wind up in the hand' of any Necromancer wearing a skull-mark on their head. I mean in theory they can heal people, but they have clearly shown that they cannot handle the responsibility of drawing breath; who know' what trouble they could cause with coin. I prefer these people to starve and never know extravagance, because I cannot legally do anything much worse to them.

-Air Raksa

Air Raksa,

You know as well as anyone that I agree completely. Those that cast necromancy and consort with undead deserve no reward for their actions, and should be forcibly spirit forged into a profession where they cannot channel the power of the earth or chaos.

-Thunder-Bringer

I'd be willing to give some money to this cause. Healers are very generous, so should we.

~ Vry

This is a noble and generous enterprise. I am no doctor, but I have always felt the corpsmen and healers of the lands in which I've traveled are forgotten and mistreated. Though I've never had occasion to travel to your lands I wish to support these endeavours.

I would only hope these funds are used to support not only the soldiers who risk their spirit in the field, but for the midwives, shamans, and balmsmen who soothe all those who seek the Balance.

The University of Briarpass will donate five gold to the coffers as a seedling of hope and friendship. I'm only shamed it cannot be more.

Commander Thunder-Bringer, if you contact me with a location, I will send a swift courier with the coin.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove
Briarpass, Wayside

Whoa, that's awfully nice of you people!
It's a good idea! And I don't just say that because I am a healer, ya know. With coins, the healers can make more potions so they can heal people up quick when all their spells have run oot.
Helix

Helix brings up a pretty good point. I think in addition to donating money, donating healing potions might also be a good idea.

~ Vry

Ator, this is a wonderful idea. Thank you.

I should also note that my bow was obtained from some very good trades involving ritual scrolls written in common for the components and 1000 copper for items which I traded for scrolls. Oh, I think a silvered bow and a giant club were also traded. Never underestimate the power of a good trade.

~Sun~

Chieftian Ator ,
As always you know that you have the help our support.
Deborah and Ivar

Chieftain Ator!

I commend you on this brilliant idea. I am curious though how it shall work. Do independent healers register at the beginning of the gathering with you?

I look forward to seeing you again soon. It has been too long since I have seen your mighty blade felling hordes of foes all around you. I am only glad that I am short enough to be spared while within your massive reach.

Avery Fine
Hobling
At your service!

Hello there,

While I'm relatively new to the gatherings (in fact, I've only been to one), I feel safe saying that it's very hard for a healer that's not with an adventuring party to make some coin. In fact, the only time I remember making any money was while I was with a group on an adventure. I think this is a good idea, but it's not my place to say whether it should happen or not. I thank you for considering us healers, Chieftain Thunder-Bringer. It means a lot to folks like me.

~Caillen Taggart

fascinating idea, perhaps I will register and have a drink with an old friend when I travel to the north in a month.

Rake Shahruud

Back