Indoor adventuring tips and things

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

For many of you, this was your first time fighting inside during an Alliance Larp Event. I wanted to go over a few things that you should expect at one of our games.

Sometimes, in close quarters, like single file hallways, all you can do is watch your tank get beat on, cast upon, and hope you can keep him pumped up with healing and offensive range support over his head fast enough. Remember the no contact rule and try not to push unsafely past people or destroy walls and props.

If there are NPC or PC bodies in the way, sometimes you just have to be careful and step over them to get where you need to be to help your friends. If you are an NPC or PC, I highly recommend not dying in dramatic sprawled out fashion, unless that's your thing and you don't mind getting stepped on. I recommend when in an indoor module in close quarters, that you turtle up and die crouched.

If giving someone a potion, who is unconscious or in a web let's say, simply hold the potion near their mouth and say something like, "I feed you a Release Potion."
If dying or dead NPCs are in your way, please feel free to say, "I drag you out of the way," and then tell them the location where you dump them. All undead should crumble, drop treasure, and vacate anyway.

Also, the reason why Light spell and liquid lights are so easily accessible at low levels of casting/crafting is so that players can feel useful/utilitarian in these dark modules/adventures such as caves and old ruins. Imagine the Fellowship without Gandalf's Light staff trying to navigate the stone bridges and jumps???

A light source can make or break the success of many mods. SO can the lack of legerdemain... Hope this helps!

Back