"Innate Casting" + Magic/Chaos/Earth Storm

Draven

Count
This came up at game. Does the Corrupt casting follow all the rules of a normal Magic Augment?

If so, should they initiate a ms/cs/es, should each Storm packet be preceded by "Magic?" I could be wrong, but I believe this is the case for a standard caster, as it indicates he can use this ability while silenced.

I believe the only ARC ruling on the subject was concerning the Elemental Augmentation. The intent of the clarification is to ensure that people don't use an Spell Shield against the Elementally Augmented Magic Storm packets. (confusing)

I can't find a rule or ruling saying the same about Magic Augmentation.

Matt/Jimmy/Brian/Ron should be able to definitively clarify since the Corrupt are plot creatures.

Some Corrupt have "Innate Pyramid" as described on page 72. They are not intended to have a special non-rulebook ability, so if at some point the rule is altered so that they must call "Magic" before each 'storm' packet, they will follow that rule.

Currently, you only need to call "Elemental" before using each 'storm' packet if you are using the Elemental Augmentation ability (per the link that Seth put up). Using the Magic Augmentation ability doesn't require the additional information. In general, you should be able to assume that if someone continues throwing 'storm' packets while Silenced that they have either begun their incant with "Magic <X> Storm" or "Activate <X> Storm," since continuing to call "Magic <X> Storm" or "Activate <X> Storm" isn't required. If you incanted a 'storm' spell and are Silenced, you cannot continue to throw packets until the Silence effect has been removed. If you have reason to believe that someone is doing one or the other improperly (you saw them incant the spell, and saw them get Silenced) it may be appropriate to remind them, but otherwise we should each assume that the folk around us know the rules well enough to use their abilities correctly.

Got it! Thanks for the clarification!

Back