Instead of Fortress....

New first level Celestial spell:

Daze

Solomon's Stunning Force

Celestial Only

Level 1

This spell causes the target to stop in their tracks as though they had just run into an invisible wall. The target must stand or stagger randomly around for three seconds, shaking their head in order to clear it. They cannot attack, cast spells, or perform any offensive IG actions. They may, however, use any defensive skills such as Parry, Dodge, Evade, Resist X, and can block normally with a weapon or shield. The person is not incapacitated, and can actively resist Killing Blows. If the person had active Slay effects, or concentration magic spells going (Sanctuary, Magic Storm, etc.) those effects are still going after the three seconds as long as the person did nothing to disrupt them themselves, such as Parrying with the same hand a Slay was active in. If the person is struck by the spell in the middle of incanting a spell, however, it does cause the spell to be flubbed and is lost from memory.

"With mystic force I Daze you"

Okay guys, either shout it down or deconstruct it so we can hone it and send it up the pipe.

I think it'd be better as summoned force rather than binding, but that's nitpicky.

For grammatical/ease of reading/technical sake, change "...does cause the spell to be flubbed and is lost from memory." to "...will interrupt the spell causing it to fail and be lost from memory."

Otherwise I like it just fine. 3 seconds is nothing for a timer so no complaints about keeping track of something new. And good word choice with Daze over, say, stun.

You're probably right about the school, had originally thought that since Disarm is already first level having two spells from the same school in there was too redundant but Summoned force would probably be more in line with the intended way the schools are supposed to function. Also, yeah, was hoping you or JP or Bryan or Dan or someone like that would take a shot at rewording for the "formal" version to pass up was just trying to convey the idea and use the right format for the spell layout.

It's intent is to not be a first level take-out spell, as in I Daze you and five of my friends each get three free hits on you, way overpowered for first level. Also since Repel is already the king Magic Storm breaker, I saw no need to have it break one, but would stop the storm for three seconds, allowing you to rush the guy if you wanted.

Bind just makes it so they can't throw but doesn't interrupt the spell. Repel forces them to move their feet and breaks the spell.

Back