Is Celestial Armor considered to be targeting the armor or the caster?

Feldor

Adept
The Celestial Armor (CA) skill specifically calls out its is adding to "their existing armor". And then clarifies that armor is refit as appropriate per its type, implying that the benefit may be tied to the specific implementation of armor (arcane or physical).

1. Is CA considered to be targeting the armor or the caster?
2. If it is targeting the caster, if the caster changes suits of armor does the new suit get the CA benefit?
3. If it is targeting the armor, can it be traded to another person?

For each of the topics, I've attempted to copy the full chunk of relevant text from the 2.0 rulebook.
High Magic
High Magic effects generally last until the next Logistics period or until used. Unless otherwise specified, High Magic effects target a character’s Body and will always be on the body part containing the spirit if parts of the body are separated. This means that active High Magic will be lost when a character resurrects; individual High Magic abilities may grant exceptions to this.
Celestial Armor
Passive. This High Magic ability allows the Formal Caster to add a powerful barrier of protection to their existing armor. Celestial Armor grants 2 additional maximum Armor Points per purchase (for a maximum of 10 bonus points), which add to the user’s currently used Armor (no matter its source) and may go above their normal maximum. Note that this does not affect how the Armor is refit; for example, Blacksmithing is still required to refit a suit of physical armor enhanced with Celestial Armor.

I think the answers are:
1) The caster's body, which causes CA to go away if they resurrect.
2) Yes, because the effect is on the body, and is applied when the caster refits the armor they put on. (See previous rulings about refitting and wearing both physical and arcane armor.)
3) NA, because of answer 1, but if I'm not correct about 1 should be answered.

I agree with all your answers Feldor

Upvote 0
Back