Is there a rulebook for the oregon chapter.

I have been wanting to larp for about a year now, but I never really did anything till now. I was wondering if there is a hardback or paperback rulebook? So I can study during school, And is there a rule about people 18 and younger? Any response would help! Thanks in advance :)

Alliance is a national game with uniform rules between chapters. Any variations are mentioned at the beginning of all events. The core rulebook can be purchased on the main website as a paper back or e-book.

For info about the Oregon plot-line you can contact the plot team, not sure of the email off the top of my head.

Players under 18 are just fine but too young and they may need an adult guardian present. I have seen kids as young as 10 play with their parent present but they follow special rules:

Gaining Page Status:
1. Any player may participate as a Page by his or her own choice. Players with medical issues that may affect their safety in combat may be required to take Page status to play the game.
2. Pages must wear a colored headband to denote their Page status, as defined below.
3. Any player under the age of 14 is under mandatory Page status. A parent or legal guardian must be on-site and is responsible for the player’s actions, and must remove the player from the site if asked. The parent or guardian must keep track of the player and be able to know where the player is at all times. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed to participate in any fashion, even as Pages.
4. A marshal may recommend that the executive staff place a player under Page status due to any condition that the marshal deems necessary to provide for the safety of Alliance Seattle's participants, such as health conditions or a player having multiple safety violations marked against them.
There is more to it but if you are older than 14 it may not apply.

evi1r0n said:
Alliance is a national game with uniform rules between chapters. Any variations are mentioned at the beginning of all events. The core rulebook can be purchased on the main website as a paper back or e-book.

For info about the Oregon plot-line you can contact the plot team, not sure of the email off the top of my head.

Players under 18 are just fine but too young and they may need an adult guardian present. I have seen kids as young as 10 play with their parent present but they follow special rules:

Gaining Page Status:
1. Any player may participate as a Page by his or her own choice. Players with medical issues that may affect their safety in combat may be required to take Page status to play the game.
2. Pages must wear a colored headband to denote their Page status, as defined below.
3. Any player under the age of 14 is under mandatory Page status. A parent or legal guardian must be on-site and is responsible for the player’s actions, and must remove the player from the site if asked. The parent or guardian must keep track of the player and be able to know where the player is at all times. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed to participate in any fashion, even as Pages.
4. A marshal may recommend that the executive staff place a player under Page status due to any condition that the marshal deems necessary to provide for the safety of Alliance Seattle's participants, such as health conditions or a player having multiple safety violations marked against them.
There is more to it but if you are older than 14 it may not apply.
So if I am 16 I do not follow under the page guidelines?

From what i am aware, 16 is fine to play, as long as parents give permission in some sort of form. I suspect either JP or Cymryc would know more on that within the Oregon chapter.

I am 90% sure it's a permission slip deal.

jpariury said:
Howdy!

You can get a downloadable electronic rule book version here for under seven bucks, and peruse through it. You can also purchase a hardcopy through our site. The rulebook has a good introduction to what a game might be like, tips on costuming and designing your character, as well as the nuts and bolts of how to play. Mike V (the owner of the whole shebang) has even posted up some sample pages in this post.

Ola and howdy!

As Sean quoted, you can get the rulebook as a downloadable electronic version here for under seven bucks, and peruse through it (all of the Alliance chapters use the same core rulebook). You can also purchase a hardcopy through our site. The rulebook has a good introduction to what a game might be like, tips on costuming and designing your character, as well as the nuts and bolts of how to play. Mike V (the owner of the whole shebang) has even posted up some sample pages in this post.

Once you've given that a looksy, let us know when you think you might like to come out. We have a weekend-long event scheduled for the end of January, and will probably have a fighter practice out in Corvallis some weekend before that. At 16, we'll need your folks to sign off saying it's safe for us to smack you around (but in a safe, padded sort of way. :) ), then you should be good to go!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome aboard!

-JP

Back