It was pleasurable to meet you all

((The note is written on the back side of a previously used scrap of paper. The paper is smudged here and there with bits of faintly phosphorescent powder))

Salutations!

It has been brought to my attention that it is customary to offer declarations of gratitude after being treated well by others. This is just one of the many things I learned in my short time in this new and exciting place. Please accept the genuine words of thanks. If I forgot to perform a customary greeting to you please have the sincere apology. I still do not understand the customary greetings.

To the elves who helped me these past few days and showed me new things to learn, thank you! I have the sadness that I cannot remember your names. My mind is full of many things and I think some of those things have started to leak out of my ears when I am not looking. I have the highest of hopes that I will repay your kindness some day.

To my Cousin I met during the long fight in the dark, loud place I hope that you are feeling better! Things were scary for a while there but I knew you would be the OK. I enjoyed tagging along on the walking of the trees. Let's do that again sometime?

Until the next time!

Mycenaasterina

It was a great pleasure to meet you as well, little sister. I'm pleased as well to see that the friendship between our kind and the Elves has not diminished over the years as the others slept. Without the aid of the two Elves who helped to guide the path, I could not have shown you the pleasure of traveling as one with the roots. I'm happy to find that there are still Elves who keep to the old ways after our years of slumber.

I can't thank you enough for reuniting me with Theodore. After 500 years, I can't begin to tell you what it means to see his face again. You have our eternal thanks.

--Elder Aquari Willowroot Giles

Back