January 24th Event Info

Seasons greetings everyone!

I have an update to our annual Alliance LARP Traverse City medieval feast day faire. This year we are using a new hall venue, larger and better facilities. (A big kitchen for us to use as well as a much larger hall to hold our reception in.) We will hold our annual in-game magic item/prestige item auction as well as our fund raising out-of-game auction as well.

In-Game auction: See the in-game postings for information on this. (to be posted soon)

Out-of-Game auction: If anyone has items to donate for this, it will be greatly appreciated. All donations will receive golbin stamps based on how much the item goes for (if it sells for $5.00 then you would receive 25 stamps for your donation). Anything that members might want to bid on is acceptable, even non LARP items. Suggestions or thoughts are: Items that can be used by a player in-game (costume/armor donations), nick nacks (figurines/tapestries), gaming/fantasy novels (D&D, novels and the like), food (food baskets/baked goods), just about anything. If you plan on donating anything for this auction please send me a PM so that I can keep a list of things.

Feast: Amy is putting on a good spread as usual. Where Amy is concerned, we get well fed.

This is a Role Playing event, as we can not have combat inside the hall. There will be plenty of role-playing encounters to deal with. Foreign dignitaries, the King's coronation to deal with, games, auctions and strange visitors bearing gifts. Lots of things to keep your attention. Although there is a large parking lot, combat is questionable at best. If you feel the need to have an "Honor Duel" with someone we can not guarntee your safety as the condition of the parking lot for combat (slipperyness) is not up to our control.

As this is pure Role-Playing event, logistics will be simplified. There will be no need to register magic items or spells, so preregging should be a snap. However, logistics will still deal handle your production, Craftsman Other coins and teacher cards (as teacher cards allow for great RPing opportunities).

The hall we are using is called the Platte River Association Hall , here are the directions:

Platte River Association Hall

From Chum's Corners (intersection of US-31 and US-37), head towards Interlochen on US-31. From Chum's Corners the hall is exactly 16.3 miles on the right hand side of the highway.

It shouldn't be too hard for people to find.

Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the event. (Start time is still being worked out with the hall's manager)

Matt

Yeah!! Redd's coming. I look forward to seeing what comment you will have about the Queen this year! :p

Beverly

Hey everyone! Long time no see or hear. I know I know i'm a bad person. Just life has kept me really busy. I am gonna try and make it to this event to see everyone. I hope all is well.

Matt an Bev, please get ahold of me with your phone number. I need to talk to you guys.

I'll see you all later.

Jason/Louie

Trying to arrange sitters...
any idea on what time yet?
Kind of important!

Thanks,
~Anique~

I will be contacting the Association today to set a time to get the key. Once that is set I will post a start time (the lady wouldn't set a time until closer to the event due to her scheduling and we can't get the key the night before without paying for an extra day). We are estimating game off around 7 or 8 pm at the latest to allow time for clean up. Any other questions, please let me know and I'll try to answer them before the event.

Beverly

Logistics for this event will start at 11 am and end at noon. The doors will be open at 10 am for PC's to use the bathrooms to get into character. I hope everyone takes advantage of this as we will not be holding up game for people to get ready. NPC's should show up at 9 am if possible. Our intention is to have a soft lay on where people are allowed to mingle with anyone they see in-game as soon as they are in-game. NPC's will be in-game as soon as they are in character starting at 11 am.

See you there!
Beverly

We got back into town last night. Is it still too late to pre-register? Please let me know. I hope to be there on time.

Amanda

The pre-reg deadline was Monday at midnight but you can still send your information so that there will be no problems checking in if you are late.

Also if you are playing a character that is not homed in TC, I need your card sent to me.

Beverly

Back